Liberty extended balcony??

cruiser620

My TA just upgraded my cabin from a regular balcony on deck 7 to an extended balcony on deck 6. I've never had an extended balcony before. Any feedback on pros and cons?? I've read that there may be some noise from the lounge below until about 1 a.m., but that's not really a problem since I'm liable to be one of the people in the lounge! I'm more concerned with comments about it being totally exposed and hot in the sun. I've also read comments that things on the balcony get wet. Is none of the balcony covered? I'm not sure I would like that. I've been on the Liberty before, but can't really remember what the back of the ship is like.

My TA just upgraded my cabin from a regular balcony on deck 7 to an extended balcony on deck 6. I've never had an extended balcony before. Any feedback on pros and cons?? I've read that there may be some noise from the lounge below until about 1 a.m., but that's not really a problem since I'm liable to be one of the people in the lounge! I'm more concerned with comments about it being totally exposed and hot in the sun. I've also read comments that things on the balcony get wet. Is none of the balcony covered? I'm not sure I would like that. I've been on the Liberty before, but can't really remember what the back of the ship is like.

We have had extended balconies on other ships and LOVED them. Never had one on the Liberty, but have had regualr balconies on 6 and they were just fine. Same amount of sun, exposure as any other deck. The back does not have an excess of exposure on that deck. The noise is the only factor. We have always made sure we were not over a club, easy enough to figure out if you look at the deck plans. But sounds like it won't be an issue for you anyways. Enjoy!

I had an aft extended balcony on deck 6 for our October cruise - it was fabulous. It is not covered, so to speak, but there is shade on the balcony much of the day. You'll have opportunities to both get tan and to relax in the shade. We did not find it hot or stagnent (no wind) as I had been nervous about because of other postings, but really enjoyed it.

Having the extended balcony gave us room for 2 lounge chairs as well as 2 regular chairs and a small table. Don't worry, be happy! :)

Which cabin do you have? We will have 6483 on our cruise on the Liberty in June. A few years ago, we had the one on the opposite side on deck 6 on the Freedom and loved it. We never noticed any loud noises at all. At night on the balcony we could hear muffled music that sounded like it was coming from a distance but never anything loud. You do get alot of vibration and shaking back there when coming into port and we did experience some shaking when we had some rough seas but actually we sorta enjoyed it. Made you feel like you were actually at sea!! As far as the heat is concerned, the only time I felt hot on the balcony is when we were docked in Miami waiting to leave. It was horribly hot then but otherwise fine. They say the rooms are the same size but the layouts of the bed and couch make them seem larger.

Tina

depends on where the cabin is located. If its one over the stage area of that lounge-- you will be in for some noise.

We had the L shaped extended balcony and did not like it.

Sure the balcony was larger-- there is no sofa in the cabin- had to lay on the bed sideways to see tv.

http://travel.webshots.com/*****

Which cabin do you have? We will have 6483 on our cruise on the Liberty in June. A few years ago, we had the one on the opposite side on deck 6 on the Freedom and loved it. We never noticed any loud noises at all. At night on the balcony we could hear muffled music that sounded like it was coming from a distance but never anything loud. You do get alot of vibration and shaking back there when coming into port and we did experience some shaking when we had some rough seas but actually we sorta enjoyed it. Made you feel like you were actually at sea!! As far as the heat is concerned, the only time I felt hot on the balcony is when we were docked in Miami waiting to leave. It was horribly hot then but otherwise fine. They say the rooms are the same size but the layouts of the bed and couch make them seem larger.

Tina

Thanks everyone for your responses. Tina, your balcony (6483) was actually the corner wrap. Mine is directly in the aft of the ship -- 6458. I hope it will be okay. I really like to relax in the shade and enjoy the view!

Archived