Whats up carnival fcc???

CHIEB2812

Bought fcc on past cruise . Called Carnival to apply fcc to future cruise and they refuse to take it as my deposit telling me I have to put money down to hold the cruise send the certificate certified mail to Carnival when they receive it they will then apply the fcc to the cruise and onboard credit. This defeats the whole purpose of purchasing fcc! This is not how Princess works, had I known this I would not have purchased this fcc. There is something really wrong with this system...BEWARE:confused:

Bought fcc on past cruise . Called Carnival to apply fcc to future cruise and they refuse to take it as my deposit telling me I have to put money down to hold the cruise send the certificate certified mail to Carnival when they receive it they will then apply the fcc to the cruise and onboard credit. This defeats the whole purpose of purchasing fcc! This is not how Princess works, had I known this I would not have purchased this fcc. There is something really wrong with this system...BEWARE:confused:

Im pretty sure its been like that for awhile...

Maybe you should look at the terms and conditions before making big purchases??

Yes it is true that they don't apply your FCC to your "deposit" but they do take $100 off what you owe and give you $100obc once you have sent it in with your booking number via certified mail. They do not accept them by phone but you do get what you paid for.

All cruises we have been on have not been done like this. My fault for assuming . In the future will not purchase fcc from Carnival as it is not helpful to me. Live and Learn! This dosent mean I wont cruise with Carnival, I will just not with fcc..:rolleyes:

All cruises we have been on have not been done like this. My fault for assuming . In the future will not purchase fcc from Carnival as it is not helpful to me. Live and Learn! This dosent mean I wont cruise with Carnival, I will just not with fcc..:rolleyes:

Most people think FREE OBC is worth it....why isnt that helpfull to you?

Most people think FREE OBC is worth it....why isnt that helpfull to you?

To us OBC is just a bonus. We purchase FCC to use as our deposit as we never know when we will find something we really want to do and then having to come up with 500 at that moment is not always possible. Thats when the FCC comes in handy!

Sounds like you might have misunderstood how they work. When we purchased ours, they explained that you use them after making the deposit. Sorry bout that. $ 100.00 is still $100.00..

unfortunantly we never got to speak to a person as there was nobody at the desk both times we checked. The way the app read was the same as others we have purchased so we went ahead and dropped it in the box. We have learned something new...no biggie

They have been talking about going to a online type system, but since the system now says to mail them in snail mail, certified mail, thats why you have to put down the whole deposit. Because you mail in the FCC after you actually book your cruise.

I have heard some rumblings of changing to a online system. Sure would save on the certified mail costs. Im holding 4 more of them still.

I purchased my FCC in 2009 and was told up front that it was to be used after i booked my cruise and made my deposit then i would have to send it in by certified mail before my final cruise payment it made. I sent my FCC in on March 23,2011 and received my $100 discount and my $100 OBC April 1,2011 But before doing all this i call the number on the back and made sure of all Rules and Regulations. I guess it pays to read the fine print.

So you buy it for $100 on board and its good for $100 off a future cruise? Plus you get an additional $100 OBC?

You get $100 off the price (your money back)

the OBC is based on the length of your cruise

3 to 5 days $50 OBC

6 days $75 OBC

7 days $100

12 days and longer $200 OBC

You get $100 off the price (your money back)

the OBC is based on the length of your cruise

3 to 5 days $50 OBC

6 days $75 OBC

7 days $100

12 days and longer $200 OBC

Can you book using any fare (Early Saver, Past Guest, etc.)?

Sorry to hijack.

Can you book using any fare (Early Saver, Past Guest, etc.)?

Sorry to hijack.

almost any fare. It didnt used to include military, but now does, but you cant book interline. Insiders fares I think are the only ones you cant book with it. Like if you are a pilot, etc.

For what it's worth, after-the-fact, I completely understand your disappointment. You are far from being alone with the thought process you were using, and (oddly) at least one other person on this thread used to mentioned the same issue with wording, but has apparently gone into selective memory. :confused:

For more than a year, the printed materials did use the word 'Deposit' when advertising the Future Carnival Vacation certificates.

Read the first bullet point for Option 2 below. It clearly uses the D word, now doesn't it?

1110219864_FY8mT-XL.jpg

Best wishes to you, CHIEB2812, for enjoyable upcoming cruises!! :)

. . .

Maybe you should look at the terms and conditions before making big purchases??

Katty: I'm in total agreement with you, and I am one of these 'retentive' type who does actually read the fine print details before signing something that will result in funds being removed from my accounts.

But . . . this is the actual document I signed giving CCL permission to charge me for a Future Carnival Vacation certificate.

Does it also use the word 'Deposit'? . . . sure does.

Does it say they can't be used on a cruise previously booked that hasn't reached final payment? . . . nope it doesn't. (It clearly says "Book your cruise anytime")

Does it advise about sending in via required Ceritified Mail at your added expense? . . . unfortunately they left that part out as well.

936265292_Amk7B-XL-1.png

Obviously, it's one of the older certificate order forms when the expiration date was much longer.

CCL's wording on these things has been goobered up for a while. Other than LHP/Linda, I don't know anyone who has purchased (and successfully) used more of these than me.

Archived