Just back from the Miracle 3/27-4/4

LindaJSteele

Just did a celebrity cruise and really dont want to be as formal. Can a person get in with just a nice shirt and dress pants. On celebrity formal nights you did not have to wear a jacket in the specialty restaurants is this the same for their steakhouse.

We're going on the Miracle for the 3rd time in May. They didn't have Quest when we were on her LAST May, but I have heard PLENTY of stories from RCI cruisers and even seen some pictures posted of Quest! :eek::cool::eek: My question: can you go to the show but NOT participate? Just WATCH?? :p;):rolleyes:

We're going on the Miracle for the 3rd time in May. They didn't have Quest when we were on her LAST May, but I have heard PLENTY of stories from RCI cruisers and even seen some pictures posted of Quest! My question: can you go to the show but NOT participate? Just WATCH?? :p;):rolleyes:

Yes, that's what I did a couple of weeks ago when we were on it. Now someone from another team did ask me for something (because they needed 3 and only 2 women were on their team:)), but I politely declined. She asked someone else that was not participating, either, and she told her no as well. Enjoy...it was definitely wild!

Yes, that's what I did a couple of weeks ago when we were on it. Now someone from another team did ask me for something (because they needed 3 and only 2 women were on their team:)), but I politely declined. She asked someone else that was not participating, either, and she told her no as well. Enjoy...it was definitely wild!

Okay, thanks! Bet it was your bra LOL! :eek::p:o

This does help, thanks! I have never been on a cruise, so I will have nothing to campare the shows to. My husband is very excited about "Ticket to Ride" because he is a HUGE Beatles fan!

If he is a Beatles fan,make sure to get there early and watch the clips they show before the show starts. Very interesting. They start about 1/2 before the actual show.

One of the things I had read about on these boards did happen on this ship, and I've really never noticed it much before. During the "lunch hours," it was sometimes difficult to get a table on the Lido deck because there were LOTS of people just sitting reading or playing cards at those tables. There are places to do that all over the ship, so why they chose there, I can't understand, but it definitely happened. Weird, I thought....
I'm one of the folks who has had trouble finding Lido deck tables at the buffet on Spirit-class ships - just not enough space, especially when you have an early back-on-board time and everyone waits to have lunch when they're back on the ship. However, I do understand folks sitting at the outside Lido tables playing cards or reading - they want to be outside, but not in the sun. I'm not a sun worshiper - too fair skinned and have a family history of skin cancer. But I do like sitting outside, watching the Lido deck activities. I just try not to take up a table.:)

I wasn't talking about OUTSIDE; I was talking about the INSIDE tables. Card players and readers were everywhere. I love to read, but I wouldn't think of doing so at a table - sitting there by myself with no food or drink, just a book - taking up a table of 4 while literally tens of people are walking around looking for a place to eat. One day I actually walked for 20 minutes just trying to find a place; it would have been easy finding one had it not been for the readers and card players.

We were also on this cruise and had a wonderful time. We had two connecting extended balconies that were perfect! The two elegant nights were sorta all over the place, some people are very dressed while others took the more relaxed approach. My husband no longer wears a sportscoat or tie for the elegant nights and was fine. I wore a dress and both nights. Loved seeing some people dressed in military uniform. I spent eight years in the Air Force.

We also went to the steakhouse - Nick and Nora's one night and loved it. The atmosphere the service and the food made it a perfect night.

We loved every stop but did not get off the ship in Dom. Rep. We had originally planned on going to Dreams Resort but ended up staying on the ship. We had spent a week in Dom. Rep a few years ago. The pollution spewing out the stacks of the factory was not very welcoming.

The cruise we had liquor delivered to our room in advance and carried on water, tonic and diet soday. It worked out very nice.

All our other cruises were 7 nights, we loved having the extra night to relax.

The ship was clean and very easy to get around. We would sail on the Miracle again and do the same itinerary.

Take Care

I'm glad to hear you had a great time, we are leaving on the Miracle June 7th.

Do you have copies of the Carnival Capers? I'd love to see what the activities are everyday before we go. I'm wondering what the kids will have for activities also, but can't remember of they're on the same newsletter or a separate one.

Thanks so much,

I was on this cruise also, and agree with Linda - including the problem with large numbers of non-eaters taking up tables in Horatio's. But every time we passed the card room, it was empty:confused:.

I posted a link to the Fun Times from our cruise here

Sorry, but I don't have the kid's activity info. And, keep in mind that we had a "temp" cruise director - Malcolm will likely be back on board when you cruise. That could change up some of the activities and their times.

Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Miracle as much as we did!

Dave

The elegant nights are (usually!) the 2nd night and the 2nd to last night. So if you were leaving on a Friday and your last day was the following Saturday, your elegant nights would be Saturday and Thursday.

Thank you! I had looking for the answer to this for a while now, and couldn't seem to find it,lol! MY DW says I've got OCD when it comes to cruise planning!:)

The elegant nights are (usually!) the 2nd night and the 2nd to last night. So if you were leaving on a Friday and your last day was the following Saturday, your elegant nights would be Saturday and Thursday.

We just booked the Miracle leaving 11/18 and am wondering if it would make sense to book the steakhouse dinner on either of the formal nights, or save it for another evening?

We have never had an aft cabin before, so I am really excited!

I would personally save the steakhouse for another night. I DREAM of the lobster and prime rib they offer on elegant nights! I read in a review of the Dream that you get a free bottle of wine if you book the steakhouse for the lst night. That's an option if it appeals to you!

Archived