Ventura Cabin D410

Gymbod

Help!! I've just been browsing the P&O forums (as you do;)) and have read in one of the threads 'do not book cabin D410 or D412 as the terrible noise associated with these cabins'

The persons concerned gone as far as contacting P&O about this situation & how it spoilt the entire holiday (not sure of the outcome) there was no mention of what the noise was but it sounds bad if they complained to the cruise line?

I've posted to find out the exact problem as this is my cabin in November:eek: but I've not had a reply yet.

Am I panicking or anyone else experienced the same problem in these cabins or any of the D deck cabins?

Also if I ask P&O to switch am I likely to be charged for this?

Any advice appreciated.

Help!! I've just been browsing the P&O forums (as you do;)) and have read in one of the threads 'do not book cabin D410 or D412 as the terrible noise associated with these cabins'

The persons concerned gone as far as contacting P&O about this situation & how it spoilt the entire holiday (not sure of the outcome) there was no mention of what the noise was but it sounds bad if they complained to the cruise line?

I've posted to find out the exact problem as this is my cabin in November:eek: but I've not had a reply yet.

Am I panicking or anyone else experienced the same problem in these cabins or any of the D deck cabins?

Also if I ask P&O to switch am I likely to be charged for this?

Any advice appreciated.

Hi there ,

No wonder you are worried! I wouldn't panic yet - I think you are right to do a bit of research. We have stayed in Cabins on D deck and never had a problem. Looking at the deck plans there doesn't seem anything obvious that would be causing a noise. It may well have been a problem but could now be fixed!!!!!

If you are still worried then I'm sure you could change cabins - don't know if they charge for this. Perhaps someone else can help. Hope you manage to sort it out

Sue

Sue

Thank you so much for your help, it's put my mind at ease a bit, don't know how you came across that piece of info but glad you did :)

As you say there's only cabins below so can't work out where the noise came from? After reading the link, I think I will wait a bit before I hastily change cabins.

Thanks again

Karen

Noise from ship systems - potential problem as they could affect everyone who stays in a particular cabin. Noise from passengers - depends how easily you are disturbed. These cabins are next to the main atrium lifts so it could be busy with passengers.

We stayed in a D deck cabin near the rear and the only noticeable sound were the aft side thrusters which caused a vibration - these are only used for a few minutes when docking so hardly enough to put me off booking that deck again!

Noise from ship systems - potential problem as they could affect everyone who stays in a particular cabin

Thanks Juggler, would you say that the ships systems are close enough to create a problem in this cabin?

Karen

We have just had two in the caribbean in Cabin D405.. Superb..

No problems with any noise at all..

We picked it because there are no public area's or kitchens etc above or below.

You will fine, just enjoy, D deck is the place to be, larger cabins.

The person who said D410/412 were noisy have done everyone a major disservice by not actually saying what the noise was. There is a service lift to the rear of the main lifts so this may have caused problems, but this is also speculation.

No idea of this is a noisy area, but on two Ventura cruises on A and D deck there has been no intrusive noises.

Archived