07:00 15:00

AJD

-

JNU NORWEGIAN STAR

07:00 20:00

CT

-

JNU OOSTERDAM

I copied this from the claalsaka.com website--does the FKL, AJD, and CT mean docking position? And if so, what is the relationship to downtown and the trams way. I have a MIL that can't walk.

Wednesday, May 11

07:00 13:30

FKL

-

JNU NORWEGIAN PEARL

07:00 15:00

AJD

-

JNU NORWEGIAN STAR

07:00 20:00

CT

-

JNU OOSTERDAM

I copied this from the claalsaka.com website--does the FKL, AJD, and CT mean docking position? And if so, what is the relationship to downtown and the trams way. I have a MIL that can't walk.

Down at the bottom of the page

http://www.claalaska.com/schedules.html

you'll see links for pdf's of Berth Codes, Port Codes, and Ship Codes.

For Juneau (JNU) FKL means the S Franklin St dock, CT means Cruiseship Terminal, and AJD means the A.J. Dock. I think CT is the one right where all the tourist action is, and FKL is a long ways down from there. The ship would probably run shuttles from there. I don't know where AJD is.

The S. Franklin terminal is about a mile from the main tourist area.
That must be where we docked aboard Zuiderdam last June. They ran shuttles (large busses) from ship-side to the tourist tour-bus area for $3 ROUND-TRIP, a real bargain. They ran continuously all day.

In Juneau the A.J. Dock is the newest and most farthest from Town. Tom and I were on the Oosterdam when we were the very first ship to ever Dock at the A.J. Dock in May 2004 It can be walked but definitely over a mile walking along the black top road. They use to offer a shuttle bus to go into town, I would think they would continue to do that.

Map of Juneau incl. cruise berths:

A = AJ Dock (AJD), actuall a floating dock, so named because it was constructed below the former Alaska-Juneau Gold Mine; the furthest (about 1 mile) away from town center; shuttles provided to the Mount Roberts Tramway/Visitors Cntr

B = S. Franklin Street Dock (FKL)

D = Juneau Cruise Ship Terminal (CT)

E = Alaska Steamship Dock

map_downtown_big.jpg?t=1302068009

JuneauAJDock-Princess.jpg?t=1302071254

All 4 Juneau cruise ship berths: From left to right:

AJ Dock (AJD) with medium-size Princess ship

S. Franklin Street Dock (FKL) with large Princess ship

Juneau Cruise Ship Terminal (CT) with HAL Vista class ship

Alaska Steamship Dock with HAL S-class ship

• 1 year later...

I know I'm resurrecting an old post but just want to say THANK YOU for the info. On my cruise last year the Rhapsody was docked at the AJ Dock and we were the only ship in town. I've been trying to figure out where we are docking this year (Zaandam) and it looks to be CT!

Map of Juneau incl. cruise berths:

A = AJ Dock (AJD), actuall a floating dock, so named because it was constructed below the former Alaska-Juneau Gold Mine; the furthest (about 1 mile) away from town center; shuttles provided to the Mount Roberts Tramway/Visitors Cntr

B = S. Franklin Street Dock (FKL)

D = Juneau Cruise Ship Terminal (CT)

E = Alaska Steamship Dock

I know I'm resurrecting an old post but just want to say THANK YOU for the info. On my cruise last year the Rhapsody was docked at the AJ Dock and we were the only ship in town. I've been trying to figure out where we are docking this year (Zaandam) and it looks to be CT!

Did you check the link in post #2 to see this year's docking schedule for the various Alaskan ports?

Did you check the link in post #2 to see this year's docking schedule for the various Alaskan ports?

I did! I had found another link with the schedules but Juneau and Skagway weren't updated yet. The link in post #2 is updated.

Archived