What are your must pack items for cruising?

soozaay

I like purell 3 in one sheets and add a Shout color catcher -- clean clothes. Love my rolling tote shopping bag (Olympia) that stands up and holds "coat, 2 pair shoes, meds in plastic bags, umbrella/poncho, small over arm totebag with book, snacks, water, sweater, MP3, actual purse (fully loaded) , document file, travel guide, walking cast for foot injury {just in case}, change of clothes in plastic bag ETC. (That is most of what is in it for trip starting Monday)

I have a great packing list that I took from CC forum and it has everything you could possibly need and to think of in a 5 page list. I swear by it down to the bandana and the stop the paper!

This whole thread comes up about twice a year, so here we go again

Duct tape, yes I know but we have used it on about half our cruises. Had a carry-on luggage handle self-destruct at the airport on the first day.

Small water proof flash light

Laptop, surf the net in the cabin (some ships), word processor and email, DVD player, in cabin music, edit photos and the USB port lets you use or charge other things like your IPod.

We have a “mobile pharmacy”, has multiple vinyl compartments that can hang from the back of a door or inside a closet. Everything from band aides to sewing kit. Re-stock after a cruise while we still remember what we used. Packing the toiletries for a trip takes 15 seconds plus medications and toothbrush.

Small power strip, PUT IN CARRY ON BAG.

Leatherman type tool, again, have used on every cruise. This one goes in checked bag.

What I mean is...what are those lil' extras you pack that wouldn't normally be on someone's packing list?

For instance, we always pack a pad of post-its for notes to each other, as well as our stateroom attendant. We also bring suction cup hooks to hang our swim suits on.

I love learning what others bring (that's how I found out about the post-its & suction cup hooks). What do you bring?

Thanks!

Linen spray.... lavendar - makes the cabin feel special ;)

Does anyone know if the NCL Jade has robes in the stateroom for balcony catagory BB.??

We're going on the 4/17 sailing from Barcelona and I'm packing.

Thanks

Not sure about the Jade but on the Jewel we did not have them on arrival (BA) but a request to the steward and they were there by dinner.... have fun and enjoy

Pitotubes. These are the best and eliminates so many bottles in my luggage and gives me a lot more room.

Pitotubes? I haven't heard of these... What makes them better than regular travel bottles? And where are they available?

Thanks!

I haven't had much luck with the suction hooks so I use those new ones that you remove by pulling down on the sticky backing. They come in a lot of "weights". I also take a box of the flavored coffee creamer mini-cups...that's the only way I can drink coffee! I take a few with me to meals.

I took some of the "sticky back" hooks on our last cruise and they really came in handy for hanging purses, tote bags, hats, etc... at the end of the cruise they came right off the wall! I will be be taking some this time too.

The over the door shoe thing? Invaluable!!! I got the tip here on Cruise Critic after my first cruise, now it stays in my suitcase and will go on every cruise! Lotion, makeup, flat iron, sunscreen, chargers, paperback book, brush, razor, first aid kit, all in the same place! I'm sure the cabin steward's appreciate not having to clean around all that stuff on the counter everyday!

Archived