what to do in georgetown?

imsailinaway

This is our 2nd time coming to Grand Cayman, and last time we did hell, turtle farm and smb. This time we work like to explore Georgetown. Although Im not quite sure whats is to see. so thats why I need some advice. Dh likes beer and cars; while I like crafty, one of a kind unique stuff and amazing food. MIL on the other hand likes the sights and culture.

as you can see we have varying interest which makes it hard to decide on what we will do. there are a lot of post about stingrays, smb, and rum point but not much on the city, so hopefully someone out there knows something.

thank you in advance!

stephanie:D

There really is not too much to do in the downtown area.

There is a lot of shopping, restaurants and bars. There are a couple of museums and a few areas to see such as an area commemorating the wars.

The most popular tours are ones that you mentioned including the Stingrays.

One thing about the downtown area. If there are a lot of ships in port it will be very crowded. We have been three three times in the past 15 months. One time we were the only ship, another time one of three, and the other time I believe there were eight ships in town. It was difficult to walk around when the 8 ships were in port. If you are anchored off the Island and a lot of ships are in port I would try to go off early in the morning before the rush begins.

Keith

Archived