Has Oceania fixed their TV Programing?

kelmac

Should Oceania offer additional North American News Channels?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should Oceania offer additional North American News Channels?

• NO, Leave it the way it is
    • YES, Add additional North American news channels

My wife and I love Oceania. Outstanding cuisine and the best service! We were on the Regatta last year and had the best of time; our only concern was the lack of TV news programing. There was international news, but the only North American channel was FOX, which is a conservative right wing entertainment channel.

They didn't off any alternatives. Cunard and Celebrity balances the situation out by offering MSNBC, which you could consider as a Liberal response to FOX. I don't really watch MSNBC or FOX, but it would be nice to have alternatives to these extremes.

I don't cruise to watch the news, but it is nice to catch up on what's going on from time to time.

What are your thoughts?

My wife and I love Oceania. Outstanding cuisine and the best service! We were on the Regatta last year and had the best of time; our only concern was the lack of TV news programing. There was international news, but the only North American channel was FOX, which is a conservative right wing entertainment channel.

They didn't off any alternatives. Cunard and Celebrity balances the situation out by offering MSNBC, which you could consider as a Liberal response to FOX. I don't really watch MSNBC or FOX, but it would be nice to have alternatives to these extremes.

I don't cruise to watch the news, but it is nice to catch up on what's going on from time to time.

What are your thoughts?

We assumed it was a financial deal (or some wingnut in Miami) that put Faux News on every ship. But the CD must have some discretion...on Nautica recently we had Fox, MSNBC, BBC, Sky, CNBC, and a Hong Kong News channel. No CNN International though.

I enjoy the more international type news channels such as BBC and Skye News. Also MSNBC was on Marina's MV.

We assumed it was a financial deal (or some wingnut in Miami) that put Faux News on every ship. But the CD must have some discretion...on Nautica recently we had Fox, MSNBC, BBC, Sky, CNBC, and a Hong Kong News channel. No CNN International though.

Thanks YoHoHo and vtboddy!

Maybe it was just a Regatta thing? Sounds like the Marina and the Nautica have already made the upgrade! That's great news -- way to go Oceania!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Archived