Hey Glaveston...Way To Go!

Not only will the Carnival Magic be sailing from there but the Crown Princess and the Disney Magic will also be making Galveston their Homeport.

Yay for Galveston!

Capacity in Galveston has just exploded with all of these announcements. Don't forget the Mariner of the Seas replacing the Voyager as well.

Pricing in this market should get veeeeery interesting...

Capacity in Galveston has just exploded with all of these announcements. Don't forget the Mariner of the Seas replacing the Voyager as well.

This is what my DH was just saying last night...maybe now we can start seeing some REALLY good deals. :D

Not only will the Carnival Magic be sailing from there but the Crown Princess and the Disney Magic will also be making Galveston their Homeport.

Yay for Galveston!

This is what my DH was just saying last night...maybe now we can start seeing some REALLY good deals. :D

Yes this year is going to interesting one for Galveston

in all respects!!!!!!:eek:

In response to posts,

you are surely aware, but if you are not,

in addition to Magic and Magic and Princess and Mariner

the Triumpth is coming to Galveston also.

All are new ships to Galveston!!!!!:)

We're absolutely thrilled! What an incredible comeback from the devastation caused by Hurricane Ike in 2008. After falling to its knees (including losing the cruise ships that had sailed from there), Galveston will now have five (count 'em, FIVE) ships from four cruise lines sailing from a terminal with a capacity of two. Both Saturday and Sunday will see the berths filled, while the weekdays will see four- and five-night sailings. My only reservation concerns the readiness of everyone (including Hobby Intl. Airport, the shuttles, parking facilities and other ancillary services) to handle the increased traffic ... it's got to go smoothly, if the part-time Galveston ships are to return annually. But if we can get past Ike, anything is possible.

We're absolutely thrilled! What an incredible comeback from the devastation caused by Hurricane Ike in 2008. After falling to its knees (including losing the cruise ships that had sailed from there), Galveston will now have five (count 'em, FIVE) ships from four cruise lines sailing from a terminal with a capacity of two. Both Saturday and Sunday will see the berths filled, while the weekdays will see four- and five-night sailings. My only reservation concerns the readiness of everyone (including Hobby Intl. Airport, the shuttles, parking facilities and other ancillary services) to handle the increased traffic ... it's got to go smoothly, if the part-time Galveston ships are to return annually. But if we can get past Ike, anything is possible.

I didn't think that Disney and Princess were going to overlap. Thought that Princess was not coming to Galveston until after Disney left?????

I didn't think that Disney and Princess were going to overlap. Thought that Princess was not coming to Galveston until after Disney left?????

You are correct ... Disney leaves on 12/15, Princess arrives 12/21. Sorry for the error ... but it's still one hell of an accomplishment. The additional 2,000 - 3,000 passengers weekly will still test the infrastructure of the cruse industry in Galveston. I'm confident that it will come through just fine.

You are correct ... Disney leaves on 12/15, Princess arrives 12/21. Sorry for the error ... but it's still one hell of an accomplishment. The additional 2,000 - 3,000 passengers weekly will still test the infrastructure of the cruse industry in Galveston. I'm confident that it will come through just fine.

The Magic also has an 8-nighter that leaves 12/21, and a 6-nighter that leaves 12/29. And I really think that will be extended... I don't see them missing out on Spring Break. The Grand Cayman port site shows them porting there every week through mid-April of 2013, for whatever that's worth.

As I understand it, DCL is just waiting to make sure that Galveston's 3rd terminal is going to be completed as scheduled. And with as big a coup as it is for DCL to decide to homeport there, I can't imagine Galveston not doing whatever it takes to seal the deal for an extended run by Disney. I want to book for February 2013, so I've got my fingers crossed!!

REALLY glad to have Princess back into Galveston...hoping for a year round sailing schedule with Princess at some point in time.

After being out to sea when Ike hit and having our car washed away at port, I was not willing to sail from Galveston again during Sept...but if I could get a Princess sailing that might be subject to change. :)

• 4 months later...

;)

REALLY glad to have Princess back into Galveston...hoping for a year round sailing schedule with Princess at some point in time.

After being out to sea when Ike hit and having our car washed away at port, I was not willing to sail from Galveston again during Sept...but if I could get a Princess sailing that might be subject to change. :)

Hey, girlfriend...if you book Princess, maybe DH & I can meet up w/ you guys again!

Archived