What's your favorite dining room dish?

What a hard question as most of the food in the MDR is so good it is a difficult choice each night but some of my favorite

Lobster Bisque

Greek Salad

Rack of Lamb

Bread Pudding

Just to name a few. Can't wait until next week - leaving on the Dream on the 16th and will have all of those and more :D

The one thing I'm always excited about is the warm chocolate melting cake. I like a lot of other foods in the MDR though.

I would probably liquify it and sip it through a beer holder hat if I could. Seven dinners and seven wcmw's. I can hardly wait!:D

All the soups I tried were VERY good, the potato soup being one of my faves. the crab cakes (which I just mentioned on another thread) were divine. I ordered more as soon as I took one bite.

Everyone has mentioned the mac and cheese; it gets a thumbs up from me, too. and the creme brulee.....

Kew I also love the crab cakes. Last cruise I ordered 3 servings of the crab cakes and that was my entire dinner. YUM!!!!!! The beef and brie sandwich on room service is also a major treat and try the shrimp salad sandwich on room service. I usually just order the shrimp salad on lettuce. It's great!!!

This entire thread just made my day!! Thanks to all who contributed. We leave a week from tomorrow on the Carnival Dream. I just read a review a couple days ago that pretty much said every ounce of food is terrible and cold. I was so frustrated after reading it. I am smart enough to know that can't possibly true but since I am a first time cruiser it did make me a little nervous. I think the food choices look fabulous. I am sure there will be things we don't like as much but that is life. All of you got me excited about the food again!!!!

I love that too....and I always eat the entire tablespoon they give me! LOL :)

So funny!! We called them Mac & Cheese shots when we were on the Elation in March. They will give u more in a larger bowl if u ask. I really enjoyed the shrimp cocktail, grilled pork chop & Bitter & Blanc. Of course the lobster on Elegant night.

This entire thread just made my day!! Thanks to all who contributed. We leave a week from tomorrow on the Carnival Dream. I just read a review a couple days ago that pretty much said every ounce of food is terrible and cold. I was so frustrated after reading it. I am smart enough to know that can't possibly true but since I am a first time cruiser it did make me a little nervous. I think the food choices look fabulous. I am sure there will be things we don't like as much but that is life. All of you got me excited about the food again!!!!

Just remember if something is not to your like ask for something else. Also in my experience, ask the waiter what they suggest. Sometimes they will steer you away from something that no one likes but is still on the menu.

I always loved the escargot, but lactose intolerance gets in the way with that one now.

This thread is going to make the next 7 days CRAWL past! I had read such conflicting reports about Carnival's food. Lots of posts said the food is going downhill but I clicked on Host Mac's link and it looks SOOOOOO good! Guess I'm not enough of a food snob cause I think it looks/sounds top notch! Excited to try beef carpaccio, pumpkin soup, jerk pork, prime rib, beef and brie sandwich, and anything else that tickles my fancy!

Any meal I don't have to cook is a good one. But here's my favorite. Strawberry Bisque/soup. :p BBQ Ribs, Fries and slaw. And my all time favorite dessert Warm Chocolate Melting cake w/Van. Ice Cream I just Love, Love, Love it!:D

The indian vegetarian dish the first night

the st louis style ribs were great too

Maybe a Burrito

or a Pastrami on rye

im hungry;)

This thread is making me hungry too and I still have 561 days til my cruise on the Pride!!!:rolleyes:

But the Bitter & Blanc is soooooo good and ummmmm just about everything else that has been listed so far! I have to try this vegetarian Indian dish, it sounds soooooo good!:p

I love the soups for the most part. Lobster bisque is my fave but I also like the cream of mushroom and french onion. The crab cakes are good too. For salads, I love the one they do with spinach (I think) and mushroom and bacon bits (I know they do it in the steakhouse for sure). For an entree, I like the lobster (even though I know it's not the primo stuff) and prime rib. Dessert, I'd have to say the creme brulee. Last year was the first year we ever did the cheese plate. We wound up ordering one every night and just split it.

Now I'm hungry!

Archived