What's your favorite dining room dish?

At dinner the shrimp cocktail, onion soup and stuffed mushrooms are my favorite appetizers. The steak cooked rare was really good on a cruise we were on 3 weeks ago and it's available every night. We also love the Chateaubriand and the Jerk pork. I'm not a major dessert person but the cheese tray and a latte makes a wonderful end to a meal. I'd love to hear your favorite choices in the MDR too.

At dinner the shrimp cocktail, onion soup and stuffed mushrooms are my favorite appetizers. The steak cooked rare was really good on a cruise we were on 3 weeks ago and it's available every night. We also love the Chateaubriand and the Jerk pork. I'm not a major dessert person but the cheese tray and a latte makes a wonderful end to a meal. I'd love to hear your favorite choices in the MDR too.

the short ribs are pretty yummy

only had it once on 6 cruises but on the 5 days out of Port Canaveral, they had bbq ribs (half slab) fries and cole slaw. Totally awesome.

On a side note, went on a windjammer (tall ship) cruise and for lunch one day they had good ole spaghetti with meat sauce. Deeelicious!

The BBQ ribs! I always always always order them on the first night of the cruise, then do what I can to make it to lunch on the 2nd sea day for them. And if I'm lucky, they get served up the 5th or 6th night. :D

I like the spaghetti carbonara as an appetizer.

Also love the bing cherry soup.

The veggetarian burrito is also delish.

And the short ribs.

I'm not much of a melting cake fan, but I do like the banana split from the kids' menu. On Mothers' Day 2 years ago, I was served a delicious flourless chocolate cake with raspberry and chocolate drizzles, berries, and topped with a thin chocolate candy "lid."

Mmmm...now I'm hungry!

Not really a "dining" room dish, but I'm dreaming of my next beef and brie room service sandwich.

YUM! I love those, too! And the room service chocolate cake is the bomb!

Hmmm...I think I might have a problem - I'm addicted to Carnival's food. :D

Oh, I have many many many favorites! French Onion Soup, Cesar Salad, Stuffed White Mushrooms, Escargot, Potato Soup, Spaghetti Cabonara, Proscuitto Ruffles are my top favorite appetizers. For entrees.. I love the Prime Rib, Lobster, Roasted Duck, and Sweet & Sour Shrimp! And of course, Warm Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert, duh :)

Not really a "dining" room dish, but I'm dreaming of my next beef and brie room service sandwich.

Never tried it but now it's on the list :)

I want an over/under on how many times the chocolate melting cake will be the answer. That's my fav!

Oddly enough, the flat iron steak was great, and I look forward to it.

Mac and Cheese was awesome.

And finally; I went to the cooking demo on the Splendor and got a sample of a Mushroom Cappuccino that makes me want to go to the steakhouse SO BAD.... It was a great soup.

Never tried it but now it's on the list :)

I want an over/under on how many times the chocolate melting cake will be the answer. That's my fav!

The roast beef and brie sandwich is incredible.

The one thing I'm always excited about is the warm chocolate melting cake. I like a lot of other foods in the MDR though.

I agree...love this dessert. On our last cruise on the Valor our waiters called it "Sexy cake" and we had it every night. My daughter can't wait to have it again.

I also like the shrimp cocktail, the mac anc cheese and the short ribs were good. Heck, if I am not cooking it, it all tastes good. :D

There are so many, but the first one which comes to mind (and I look so forward to it) is the spaghetti carbonara!:)

====================================================

I agree. The spaghetti carbonara is the BEST i've eaten....Yummy!

I always have it as a starter but this yr will prob have it as my main entree..

Alos love most of the apetizers. I usually order two or three each night.

Most of the soups are great and I have a shrimp cocktail every night.

Carla

Archived