C&A reciprocity with Captains Club

cruisercrazy69

I will depart ENOTS on Mar 10 12 which will give me 31 points Platinum status. On Apr 20 12 i'm sailing on the Century I have 1 cruise on Celebrity but I hear if you are plat on RCI you will be select on celeb will i get the select status in time ?

Should be plenty of time. If any questions, bring your SeaPass card from the first cruise, or your final statement or something along with you and stop by the Captain's Club desk on board to confirm your status. But you should be fine.

Should be plenty of time. If any questions, bring your SeaPass card from the first cruise, or your final statement or something along with you and stop by the Captain's Club desk on board to confirm your status. But you should be fine.

It's reflected in my Captain's Club account on the website

I will depart ENOTS on Mar 10 12 which will give me 31 points Platinum status. On Apr 20 12 i'm sailing on the Century I have 1 cruise on Celebrity but I hear if you are plat on RCI you will be select on celeb will i get the select status in time ?

You must however join Celebritys Captains Club, get a CC number and have that number associated with your future cruise. The Captains Club number is totally different than your C/A number. If you havent just call the Captains Club and they will give you the number on the spot.

You must however join Celebritys Captains Club, get a CC number and have that number associated with your future cruise. The Captains Club number is totally different than your C/A number. If you havent just call the Captains Club and they will give you the number on the spot.

I have 1 from nov 2000

To make sure, call the Captains club and make sure your Crown & Anchor status is relected on your captain's club account. I have found the people answering the Captain's Club phones are some of the nicest and most helpful people at Celebrity land based services.

I heard from a friend who just booked her first Celebrity cruise that there was no longer a reciprocity program between RCI and Celebrity. She was told that it ended in November. I guess that's when RCI went to counting cruise days vs. cruises. Anyone know if this is correct?

I heard from a friend who just booked her first Celebrity cruise that there was no longer a reciprocity program between RCI and Celebrity. She was told that it ended in November. I guess that's when RCI went to counting cruise days vs. cruises. Anyone know if this is correct?

I've just reached Platinum on RCI recently and am leaving on my 1st Celebrity Cruise next week. I called Captains Club last week, gave them my Crown & Anchor#, my booking # for my Celebrity Cruise and they gave me a Captains Club#, told me I would be Select and that they updated my reservation with this information. I checked my reservation online and it now reflects my Captains Club number and Select status. This was the easiest part of the whole cruise planning.

So if it was discontinued, no one told them!:)

If you check Celebrity's and RCCL's websites, they still tout reciprocity in each other's programs. Just check Captain's Club and Crown & Anchor FAQs.

I spoke to a CC rep he said I should be good as both accounts are linked but he suggested to check my CC# a week to 2 weeks after i take the qualifying cruise to see if my status has changed i will also check my C&A acct too

Sorry, my post was in response to CruisnNole's post stating that a friend had been told that there was no longer any recipocity between CC and C&A. Your question is in regards to the timing on when the statuses will update. Should not be a problem.

The recriprocity termination that may have confused your friend is between Celebrity and Azamara and not Celebrity and RCI. Azamara operated as a sister to Celebrity, under the ownership of RCI when it debuted about five years ago. Azamara is still owned by RCI but operates more independently now. If you want to take another step UP on the RCI ladder try one of the wonderful Azamara sailings.

People are mixing up the terms RCCL and RCI. RCCL is not a cruise line, but is the parent corporation of five cruise lines. RCI is the cruise line that has ships like Oasis, Adventure, Monarch etc. RCI does not own any cruise lines. RCI, Celebrity, and Azamara (and two other cruise lines) are all sister companies and all are owned by the corporation RCCL. RCI and Celebrity still have reciprocity despite RCI recently changing the way their loyalty program works.

Gonzo, thanks for pointing that out. I make an attempt to use the correct terms, but had it in my head that Royal Caribbean Cruise Line was the cruise line, Royal Caribbean International was the international parent company of all the sister lines. Of course, it's Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, plural. I just have to remember it backwards from what I instinctively think it is.

Am wondering who told your friend that -- a TA? Perhaps the person was confused. There is no official indication that the reciprocity has ended.

My friend was given that information by a Celebrity travel planner, the same travel planner that I have used for years. I'll tell my friend to check again. Maybe she misunderstood.

I was confused about this issue myself and was told by Crown and Anchor that there was no agreement between lines. So today I called the Captain's Club and explained my situation. I was told by the representative that when I reached the middle tier on either cruise line that's when I would receive the benefits.

Right now, I've sailed with Royal 3 times therefore I'm a gold member of C and A. I'll be taking my first Celebrity cruise in 2012 so I have no CC status until the cruise is completed.

Now my question to all of you experienced cruisers is, do I believe the C and A rep who told me there is no agreement between the 2 lines or the CC rep who told me I have to reach the middle tier to qualify? Does anyone know where I can find this info in printed form?

Never mind...I just found the info in the C and A member area. I'm still ticked though cause the rep told me there was no agreement between the cruise lines. I hate when I get misinformation from someone who is representing the company. I'm 1 point shy of Platinum with RC so I guess I'll just have to plan another cruise.LOL

Hello,

My TA told me that you automatically join the other line's loyalty scheme once you reach the mid-grade of your current line's loyalty scheme. Once there, you only earn points in that scheme on that line's cruises. So you could be Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean but if you took your first Celebrity cruise whilst a mid-range C&A platinum member, you would stay on the middle rung of the Captain's Club ladder until you did more Celebrity cruises.:confused:

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

My TA told me that you automatically join the other line's loyalty scheme once you reach the mid-grade of your current line's loyalty scheme. Once there, you only earn points in that scheme on that line's cruises. So you could be Diamond Plus on Royal Caribbean but if you took your first Celebrity cruise whilst a mid-range C&A platinum member, you would stay on the middle rung of the Captain's Club ladder until you did more Celebrity cruises.:confused:

Regards,

Cublet

Correct. One way to think about it is that the statuses are reciprocal, but not the points or credits that got you there. If you're Select on X, you're Platinum on RCI. If you're Platinum or Emerald on RCI, you're Select on X. If you're Elite on X, you're Diamond on RCI. If you're Diamond or above on RCI, you're Elite on X. Being Classic on X or Gold on RCI does not have reciprocity. Points or credits earned on one line will not directly affect your status with the other.

Also, it's not automatic-- if you're a C&A member who has never sailed on X, you need to notify them prior to your first X cruise so they can activate your CC membership.

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Your TA does not quite have it right. As the above poster mentioned, it is not automatic. Also, if you are Crown & Anchor Platinum and take your first Celebrity Cruise, you could advance from the middle rung of Captain's Club not just by doing more Celebrity cruises, but also if you were to become Diamond on RCI, then you would be bumped up to Elite on Celebrity. Also, your Captain Club credits would still start from scratch even if you were to be recognized as there middle tier (Select) because of Platinum status with RCI; i.e. after your first Celebrity cruise you would only receive one credit - you would not start with 5 credits with Captain's Club.

Archived