NO- Pre-Cruise supplies

We will be staying in the French Quarter pre-cruise. We would like to pick up some soda and the allowed bottles of wine for our carry-on the day of departure. Any suggestions for names of stores/chains we can search for close by where we can find these? What type of stores (drugstore, grocery, etc) does NO sell wine in? I do know things like that vary state to state.

Thanks!

My husband lost his step counter... and HAD to have another; so we took a taxi to Walmart. It was quite a ways away, but he was happy. When he was done with his shopping, we had the office call us another taxi and away we went. Pretty painless. We could have gotten a bunch more supplies, but we only needed the lost... step counter.

Nancy

If you are IN the French quarter, there is a Rouse's grocery on Royal and St. Peter. There is also Vieux Carre Wine & Spirits at 422 Chartres St (4 blocks from Canal St and 2 blocks from the river).

Also, I believe CVS and Rite Aid sell beer and wine but Walgreen's does not, for some reason, and right now, Walgreen's is the only place I can remember being in the FQ. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much! That is exactly the type of info I was looking for. We will be at Bienville and Decatur (near House of Blues). I think there is a CVS a few blocks from there, I'll double check. If they sell wine it will be perfect.

Karen

We had the cab stop at the Walmart on the way to the terminal. Its just a bit past the port next to the Mardi Gras World.

Walgreens:

134 Royal Street

900 Canal Street

619 Decatur Street

CVS:

800 Canal Street

Both Walgrrens and CVS had wine but not a great selection

That was the Walmart I was thinking of when I Mapquested it! As for the selection at CVS, one of the very few things I don't have expensive tastes in is wine :D One bottle will be some cheap champagne for my morning mimosa! Thanks for the great tips!

We had the cab stop at the Walmart on the way to the terminal. Its just a bit past the port next to the Mardi Gras World.

Walgreens:

134 Royal Street

900 Canal Street

619 Decatur Street

CVS:

800 Canal Street

Both Walgrrens and CVS had wine but not a great selection

I wanted to let you know how much I love all of the pics and descriptions you post! A veritable treasure trove of information, thanks!!

127 Royal looks like it will only be a few blocks away, perhaps we will meet some characters of our own :)

Karen

Rouse (701 Royal I think) and Vieux Carre Wine came to mind. If you are looking for liquor, Walgreen's doesn't sell.

This place is usually too convenient for me (127 Royal). They can get some interesting characters in there at times.

• 2 months later...
Thanks Nancy! Just gotta love Walmart, they have everything! There looks to be one about 2.5 miles from our hotel. Great to know it's there if we can't find something within walking distance.

Karen

You may want to take a taxi depending on the location of the hotel you are staying in. That area of the city is not the best.

Archived