Special service in Open Seating?

LindaKE

I've been reading old threads on secrets HAL cruisers would know that newcomers wouldn't. There were several posts saying that, if you requested it the night before, you could get various special treats, like escargot or creme brulee, every night. Does this also work if you're in Open Seating? It so, how?

If this kind of thing is important to you, might want to try Crystal. You can ask for most anything the day before and they will, if humanly possible, prepare it for you the followiing day.

Gary

I've been reading old threads on secrets HAL cruisers would know that newcomers wouldn't. There were several posts saying that, if you requested it the night before, you could get various special treats, like escargot or creme brulee, every night. Does this also work if you're in Open Seating? It so, how?

It works far better in Traditional Seating - Otherwise you're going to be explaining yourself every single night, and who wants to do that?

Dad always wants Shrimp Cocktail every night and I need GF bread - and our waiters always have it ready for us as soon as we're seated.

:)

When we have sat in open seating, we have been in the same section with the same waitstaff most of the time (usually our request as we like the same staff). They have had no problem accomodating special requests for us, including the Rijsttafel on our last cruise. I do not know if you would be able to get the special items you specifically mentioned.

Good luck !!!

:D:D:D

i agree that in traditional seating it has not been a problem ordering something for the next night -- we have done it a couple of times

as to open seating -- like mentioned -- you need to be seated in the same area each evening -- that way the wait staff will get to know you and can -- if possible -- take a request for something the next evening

good luck

Thanks. I don't know that we'll want something over and over, but, since it was mentioned several times on the "secret" threads, I thought it may be good to know if it's possible for "just in case". We'll just request a specific waiter once we find one we like (and I expect, from what I read here, that finding one we like won't be hard to do on HAL.)

Archived