Dawn - 2 restaurant questions

gail-s

We're going on the Dawn in July so it will be just after it comes out of dry dock. I realize anything can change between now and then but I'm hoping you might have an answer for these two questions as it is now.

1 - My parents did the Boston to Bermuda on the Spirit and loved Henry's Pub and the fish and chips there. Does the British Pub on the Dawn also serve food?

2 - When we were on the Sky, it wasn't very well known that you could go to the Italian restaurant in the morning and get omlets and waffles, is there an option like this on the Dawn?

Thanks!

I was just on the dawn and made to order waffles and omelets were stations in the buffet lines (garden cafe).

I'm not sure with regards to your fish and chips question. I did not use the pub on the dawn.

I was just on the dawn and made to order waffles and omelets were stations in the buffet lines (garden cafe).

I'm not sure with regards to your fish and chips question. I did not use the pub on the dawn.

In Sept 2010 the Pearly Kings Pub and the Blue Lagoon were near the aft end of the ship on the same deck (7, I believe). The pub was on the port side and the Blue Lagoon, serving the Fish & Chips, was opposite on the starboard side. The pub was a 'drinks only' establishment.

We're going on the Dawn in July so it will be just after it comes out of dry dock. I realize anything can change between now and then but I'm hoping you might have an answer for these two questions as it is now.

1 - My parents did the Boston to Bermuda on the Spirit and loved Henry's Pub and the fish and chips there. Does the British Pub on the Dawn also serve food?

2 - When we were on the Sky, it wasn't very well known that you could go to the Italian restaurant in the morning and get omlets and waffles, is there an option like this on the Dawn?

Thanks!

I think the Dawn is going to be retrofitted like the Star was. Pearly Kings Pub will remain where it is on deck 7 aft and the Blue Lagoon will move up to one side of Salsa (Tex-Mex) on deck 8. If you look at this link of the Star deck plan you can see the way it will look on the Dawn when you sail.

http://www2.ncl.com/cruise-ship/star/decks/1/8#tab_detail

Happy Cruising,

Monty

After reading multiple posts on the "wonderful heavenliness" of the 24 hour fish and chips, I tried it on the Jewel 3 weeks ago. It was IMHO perfectly horrendous and soggy as were the fries. Imagine getting take-out tempura from a delightful Japanese restaurant and you might get my drift. If you don't, take a perfectly delightfully crisp beer batter item hot out of the fryer. Place it in a sealed container for the 15 minute ride home. VOILA. Soggy Bleck.:(

Oh ... and as for omelettes and such in the Italian restaurant ... I think you get all that in the Buffet and then go to the Italian restaurant to find a quiet seat ;)

Not on the Dawn. The Italian restaurant is down on Deck 6, nowhere near the buffet on Deck 11. The layout you're talking about is on the Jewel class ships and perhaps some others, but not the Dawn.

Not on the Dawn. The Italian restaurant is down on Deck 6, nowhere near the buffet on Deck 11. The layout you're talking about is on the Jewel class ships and perhaps some others, but not the Dawn.

Thanks for the correction ... can you get breakfast in the Italian restaurant ?

Thanks for the correction ... can you get breakfast in the Italian restaurant ?

No. Breakfast is available in one of the MDRs (generally the Venetian), the Garden Cafe buffet, the Blue Lagoon (limited menu), room service (limited menu if you're not in a suite) and Cagney's (suite and VIP passengers only).

Thanks for the information! Dad will be bummed, he liked Henry's Pub but I'm sure we'll find lots of other great food onboard.

I didn't know about breakfast until I read someone else on here posting about the Sky in one of the "hidden secrets" threads. We didn't get our omlets in the buffet, we went right into the Italian restaurant and they made the omlets and waffles there. There was no one in there, it was fabulous. I don't think I'd even bother ordering an omlet in the buffet line, I hate being jostled around like that. I think Dad's more apt to want to go sit in the dining room anyways.

Archived