How do you contact ship staff before the cruise?

Slyfox16

Call reservations and ask if you can have the e mail address for ship services. I know that you can contact them if you are part of a group--well, you TA can--so see if the res agent will give you that information.

Most Maitre D's and Head Waiters I know have personal non-Princess email addresses for friends. Sending an email to a ship asking for a personal favor will probably not reach anyone in authority.

It is our anniversary, and I wanted to try and surprise my wife.

I would guess you will have to make arrangements after you board the ship. It is very difficult to contact the Maitre D' before you board. Either that or book one of the anniversary packages without her knowing about it. ;) Happy Anniversary! :)

What the others said - see him when you get on the ship. He has thousands of other passengers to worry about as well - you'll be able to get more personalized attention if you see him as soon as you get onboard.

Your wife is a lucky lady - I'd drop dead if my husband ever arranged a surprise for me on a ship for a special occasion.;)

It is our anniversary, and I wanted to try and surprise my wife.

I talked to our Matre 'd last year on my RCL cruise because it was DH's 40th b-day and I wanted to suprise him. He did a spectacular job. Just seek him out when DW isn't peeking and talk to him. I'm sure they'll do what you ask

Archived