Internet in rooms on Caribbean princess

collboy

I'm sure this has been covered, but I can't seem to locate it, so I apologize. Is internet available in staterooms on the Caribbean Princess and if so is it wireless or do I have to bring a cable?

I'm sure this has been covered, but I can't seem to locate it, so I apologize. Is internet available in staterooms on the Caribbean Princess and if so is it wireless or do I have to bring a cable?

Yes, it's wifi. No cable needed.

The above is correct. There was no problem using our netbook in the cabin. The service is a little slower than your home DSL, but certainly adequate for keeping in touch if you need to.

I will just jump in and restate... IT IS SLOW!!

What we did was, sign in go and download email sign off.

read email and write replys and put them in draft folder

Sign in to internet. Send email and sign off again.

Using this method we had their smallest (minute) account on CB and it lasted us for our whole 10 day cruise.

This is not an internet service designed to allow for endless surfing of the web. It would cost you a small fortune just to download CNN and catch up with the latest news.

I don't think it's nearly as slow as folks are saying here. Clearly nowhere near what you experience with your connections at home but MUCH better than it used to be on ships. There was a time when ship's connections were painfully slow. Maybe our computers are just faster, but I've been pleasantly surprised on my last few cruises. Again, it would never call it fast, but it's adequate for checking emails, etc.

Yes, it's wifi. No cable needed.

i have a netbook - are we charged for using wifi?

i have a netbook - are we charged for using wifi?

Yes, same rates as if you used the ship's computers in the Internet Cafe.

But, as others have pointed out, you can use less minutes by downloading messages, signing off, preparing outgoing messages, and then signing back on to send them.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think it's nearly as slow as folks are saying here. Clearly nowhere near what you experience with your connections at home but MUCH better than it used to be on ships. There was a time when ship's connections were painfully slow. Maybe our computers are just faster, but I've been pleasantly surprised on my last few cruises. Again, it would never call it fast, but it's adequate for checking emails, etc.

I agree. It isn't DSL speed but certainly fast enough for folks that have to chat everyday with people back home that they left behind so they could take a cruise to get away..........

Princess had excellent WiFi throughout their ships. There are times that one can get very frustrated and other times that connections and speed are quite good for at sea satellite connections.

The bandwidth from the ships is restricted and the more usage, the slower it is. The greatest frustration comes at peak usage times. Also, there are times depending on the itinerary and in some ports when satelitte connections may be disrupted.

All in all it is a great service and it works!

Archived