What time you ate breakfast or lunch at sea?

Hey Pooh&OurHunny, We are on the same cruise - Jewel on the 24th - I didn't realize you were travelling with a boy - we have two boys similar ages as your son. We try to keep the same schedule for eating/ sleeping but on the past three cruises we have taken the boys, we find that as the week progresses, the less we can stick to the schedule. The boys love the kids clubs and I am expecting this cruise to be no different. They love making friends and participating in a lot of the activities so the night-time activities keep them up later than we normally allow. But since it is vacation, we are okay with it. Also gives me & the hubby alone time!

In the past, we've eaten breakfast in the buffet since it is easier. Never occurred to me to have room service bring a light breakfast but that is a great idea to have a "starter" and then go to the main dining room for the "meal". Lunch tends to be hit or miss, buffet or main dining room depending on their mood and if they want to sit with their new "cruise friends". I've always allowed them to dictate the lunch choices since I am happiest when they are happiest, although my hubby likes the dining room better. And on two of the other ships we've been on, the kids program has lunch together in one of the dining rooms in a section so they've liked that a few times. You son will have a ball - we'll look forward to introducing him to our boys at the M&G. My boys are 7 and 9 BTW.

Thanks for posting and your advice (when we do go on vacation we try to stick to his schedule except for Disney b/c midday he needs a nap but then he stays up until 10:30 which sometime is great).

I can't wait to see you on M&G. I explained to my son about the kids club but he said he doesn't want to go (Yet, I think he needs to meet some kids...I'm really hoping by midway the cruise he would like to spend time at the kids club so hubby and I can have a date night)...if not no big deal.

I see you are from NJ, are you guys driving? IF so have you gone to Pier 88 before cruising? Any advice the best time to go Sunday to park the car?

I think generally speaking, just think of what would be the busiest times at any restaurant in your city, and you'll have a general idea of the busiest times in any of the ship's restaurants.

Thanks for the post, we live in NYC and most of the places we ate at is always busy anytime of the day.

You should be fine at both times.

We are morning people at home...on cruises? Not so much!!

Thanks for the post, I'm not really a morning person but when our son was born I had to be a morning person (he actually wakes up early than usually when we are on vacation b/c he is so excited and during weekends:eek:). I wish he would sleep in but he never.

We know people that always have 2 breakfast/s...one from room service, the other in the dining room or buffet! And...are ready for lunch at noon! :D Personally, I'm happy most days with coffee and cereal from room service, and DH needs a full breakfast, so off he goes...alone...wouldn't keep my man away from the important stuff!!:)

Whatever floats your boat, literally!!....LOL

Enjoy!!

We really haven't made up our minds about driving yet. We've never gone out of NYC - it has been FL and TX for all past 10. So this is something new right in our backyard. Hubby wants to cab it so he doesn't have to deal with the hassles of driving so I've left that up to him to arrange- cost wise it is actually cheaper to cab it b/c of the cost of gas & tolls in addition to the parking cost for 7 days.

We really haven't made up our minds about driving yet. We've never gone out of NYC - it has been FL and TX for all past 10. So this is something new right in our backyard. Hubby wants to cab it so he doesn't have to deal with the hassles of driving so I've left that up to him to arrange- cost wise it is actually cheaper to cab it b/c of the cost of gas & tolls in addition to the parking cost for 7 days.

Thanks, see you 2 weeks from today for the M&G.:)

Thanks for posting and your advice (when we do go on vacation we try to stick to his schedule except for Disney b/c midday he needs a nap but then he stays up until 10:30 which sometime is great).

I can't wait to see you on M&G. I explained to my son about the kids club but he said he doesn't want to go (Yet, I think he needs to meet some kids...I'm really hoping by midway the cruise he would like to spend time at the kids club so hubby and I can have a date night)...if not no big deal.

I see you are from NJ, are you guys driving? IF so have you gone to Pier 88 before cruising? Any advice the best time to go Sunday to park the car?

Oh I know the apprehension kids can have. But, if at all possible have him go early when all the kids are new, rather than mid-week when only he would be new. Plus, the kids crew is so good at welcoming especially on the first day when they are meeting the kids and you are completing the registration forms. At registration, he'll get a feel of the area, see the other kids, meet the kids crew etc. It can be a little hectic at this time so maybe go early or just towards the end.

Archived