Ship shuttle into Dublin?

Reading on the Dublin thread about a ship's shuttle into town - does RCL offer this as well? Nothing shows on the excursion thread...

We will be there in Sept on the Jewel TA

they should do but there is a local bus from the dock gates and it is also walkable.

The ship docks in a very industrial part of the port. It is bit of a distance from the main ferry terminals, where buses are available at certain times, and taxis. If a shuttle is offered, I would recomend you take it. As i'm from Dublin, if you have any questions, I will try and answer.

Since there were four in our group, we decided a shared taxi would be more economical than the shuttle. Can't remember the price but think it was around $8 pp each way.

However, all the taxi's were being "hijacked" by people before they got to the taxi stand by the ship. People started walking towards the port entrance, finding out it was further than they had anticipated and getting tired, started flagging down the cabs as they came into the port so none reached the taxi stand.

The people at the taxi stand gave up and headed to the pay shuttle. We were about to when a taxi pulled up with passengers and we snagged it. It was probably an hour process from the time we left the ship until we got that taxi. I can't remember the fare as there were six of us (cab was a van) and husband paid our portion of the fare.

The four of us caught a cab back to the ship and it was about half of what the shuttle would have cost including tip.

Tucker in Texas

Archived