1st time on the Triumph

beach410

Sargent Schultz, thank you for the link to those great pictures of the Triumph and the beautiful scenery. We are taking our 9th cruise with CCL but first cruise on the Triumph and first time out of NOLA. Your pictures just made me even more excited about our cruise. As if that was possible.:D

Thanks everyone. I dont need a fancy port, I am looking forward to seeing some local ruins while in Mexico, my son loves history so it will be a nice change from snorkeling. We will definately need that dip in the cenote after being in July in Mexico! Hope we have time to ride the double decker bus and have some downtime on the beach as well.

We really liked Dzibilchaltun. We couldn't see the extra time on a bus to go to Chichen Itza, but the ruins at Dzi were really neat. Even my 10 an 13 yr old grand daughters liked them.

I remember reading the Triumph design is horrible and difficult to get around, I heard this about the Fantasy class too, which I dont agree with at all (but that may be because after 9 cruises I know my way around..lol), but is this true of the Triumph?

There is a dining room (Triumph has two.) midship. If you do YTD, that's where you will eat. But that dining room blocks you from going stem to stern on every deck. We almost always live on Empress deck and go to the elevator nearest the MDR entrance while we are still on our deck. I don't see it as a real problem; some folks do.

Enjoy your new ship.

I really appreciate all the tips and Sargent Shultz, enjoyed the picture, thank you!

Sargent Schultz, thank you for the link to those great pictures of the Triumph and the beautiful scenery. We are taking our 9th cruise with CCL but first cruise on the Triumph and first time out of NOLA. Your pictures just made me even more excited about our cruise. As if that was possible.:D

You're welcome. And NOLA is MY favorite port. :D

Toddraz

Yes those are the ruins we were planning on doing, not interested in a two hour drive.

Agsevonspersons

I believe the lido deck buffet dining room is above our rooms. Check out the deck plans on the carnival site.

We really loved the Triumph, and have been on her THREE times! In 2003, 2004 and 2010.

Do not worry about the aft Dining Room.... you will find it, trust me! I think people make such a big deal of Decks three and Four... just go up to five and walk across!

Catrin

If looking for a tour of the mayan ruins at Progresso, I highly recommend taking a private tour with Robert aka Pablo.

For that special VIP Tour of the Yucatan visit Pablo´s Prestigious Yucatan Tours

http://rabbit777.tripod.com/pablosprestigioustoursofprogresogettoknowtheyucatanpersonally/

He is an American living in Progresso for the past 22years, and has a very good knowledge of the place. We sailed the carnival triumph in march 2011 and had a great and very reasonably priced tour to the Uxmal.

Was on the Triumph in Feb and loved it. Progreso, we loved it. We had 7 in our group (3 adults and 4 pre-teens) and headed right for the beach. We did have a lot of "salesmen" but with a polite no thank you we had a great time. The lady doing the massages offered $25/1/2 or two people for $20 ea but we talked them into $15/pp with all 7 of us getting them!

Archived