Disney Magic-1 bdrm suite vs. deluxe family stateroom

sunflowergirl66

Debating between 1 bedroom suite and deluxe family stateroom on the Magic out of New York (have stayed in deluxe veranda stateroom but not the deluxe family stateroom-we had 1 child at the time). We have 2 children now and they will be 10 and 4 at the time of sailing. Would like some advice on the Disney suites (we have sailed NCL 1 bdrm suite which was awesome and great service).

Are Disney suite perks excellent and worth a $4,000 increase in price??? probably not but just wanted to put it out there....

Hi atinkerbellmom,

Would like to book on the Magic out of New York....considering deluxe family stateroom with verandah and 1 bedroom suite...have sailed on Magic before but in a regular balcony room....

I think we decided to book the suite but any info would be helpful...

• 1 month later...

The Murphy bed is in the bedroom on 8046, in the living room on 8032. So if the idea behind booking the suite is privacy for the adults, unless your kids will share the sleeper sofa you need one of the mid-ships cabins. 8032/8034/8532/8534

We loved it and if we ever book the Magic again we'd definitely book that or one of the other three mid-ships CAT3's again.

Our ONLY complaint was there was some noise from the deck above. Every morning around 5:00 am they began pulling deck chairs across the deck to clean it. SCRAAAAAAPE, SCRAAAAPE. And every afternoon we heard the sound of ping pong balls bouncing. (The latter never bothered us, but you could hear it.) Every now and then you'd hear someone running.

But the benefits of that room outweighed that minor annoyence.

We have stayed in both the deluxe family stateroom with verandah and the one-bedroom suite. Both were excellent rooms, but if money were no object we would definitely take the one-bedroom suite any day over the other staterooms. We loved having the extra space (and there were only two of us!), and the large master bathroom is awesome! The concierge perks were nice also...everyday a plate of fruit or some other type of goodies were left for us (yes, you can get snacks from various places throughout the day, but nice not having to run out if they are there in the cabin), our sodas were restocked as needed, and the private party was a nice touch (ok, anything with complimentary booze is a nice!) We did enjoy getting tickets to the galley tour and gingerbread house making (during a Nov/Dec sailing) without having to wait in line at guest services, and having someone assist us with a change in an excursion was a huge help. What we also loved was the option to dine in our stateroom and still have the luxury of ordering off the regular dining room menu. That was a huge bonus two nights during our cruise!

Enjoy your one-bedroom suite!

On our last cruise, we were lucky enough to get a cat 4 (deluxe family stateroom). It was excellent for our family of four. I haven't stayed in the one bedroom suite, but the cat 4 was enough space for us, and the price difference to go up to the suite was too high for us. We're setting sail on the Wonder in a couple of weeks, and it's going to be hard to go back to a cat 10!

We were looking at the Deluxe family stateroom, but.......last February we went on NCL in a suite and boy have we been spoiled...don't think I can do anything else.....it's funny, because my first cruise we booked an outside room with no balcony but got upgraded to balcony room, after that we couldn't do anything else....now we've done suites, don't think I can ever go back....

• 4 weeks later...
On our last cruise, we were lucky enough to get a cat 4 (deluxe family stateroom). It was excellent for our family of four. I haven't stayed in the one bedroom suite, but the cat 4 was enough space for us, and the price difference to go up to the suite was too high for us. We're setting sail on the Wonder in a couple of weeks, and it's going to be hard to go back to a cat 10!

Ginamarie, by the end of the cruise were you feeling a little cramped for space? We are considering the June cruise NY/Bahamas. It will be myself, husbad, 5 year old daughter & mother-in-law. We are trying to figure out if we should get a Deluxe family stateroom, 1 bedroom suite or 2 deluxe staterooms. We have no issues with all sharing a room together but just want to make sure we have enough space to move around.

More then likely we would go with the Deluxe Family state room as the price to move up to the 1 bedroom suite is quite a bit.

We took and NLC cruise last May just my husband, daughter and myself. We were in a balcony room and I felt like we could barely move around the room.

My other concern is, is there enough room on the balacony for everyone.

Appreciate any feed back.

8032 is an excellent room and I have never encountered the noise problems that others reported, and i have stayed in there for long cruises, its directly below cove cafe, as deck 9 has a slight overhang there, and the bit that is over your veranda is the walkway next to cove cafe and there is a few limited chairs there but it isn't an area for actually pool sun beds.

So early in the morning its unlikely to get any noise, but even if it does for you, then its far far better than rooms next to entertainment areas or restaurants etc, on other decks.

Lovely room great choice.

Thanks everyone for the advice....Can't wait to stay in 8032!!! What a treat it will be to stay in a Disney suite!

You've made a great choice.:) I like the layout of the midship Cat. Ts on the Magic and Wonder better than the new Cat. Ts on the Dream and the soon to be completed Fantasy. They just seem to be more spacious and offer more privacy for larger families.

I do like the location of the suites on the Dream and Fantasy, by not putting the suites under the pool deck they eliminated the noise issues experienced on the Magic and the Wonder.

• 1 year later...
If 8032 is not available which would be the most similar 8036???

8032 & 8532 are exactly the same, just opposite sides of the ship. 8034 & 8534 are also both the same, but slightly larger than 8032 & 8532 because they have more closet space off the master bedroom. Just look at a Magic or Wonder Deck plan (deck 8) to see what I mean. IMO, any of those four would be my first choice. We have sailed in all four of them, and will take any of the four available.

The murphy bed in 8032 was in the living room (which was great, no kids in the bedroom with us)...and I think some other rooms have it in the bedroom...if this is important to you (as it was to us)...I would double check to make sure it's in the living room and not the bedroom...

Archived