Marriott in Mobile?

cruiserkelly

Most people seem to stay at Microtel in Saraland which has the cruise package including shuttle for $129 and very nice rooms.

I stayed at Mobile Bay Adventure Inn, but getting a copy of my reservation isnt easy for my next cruise as they are in chapter 11. ... but they only are charging me $5 a day for parking, and its the closest hotel to the port.

Haven't called them yet. DH and I just aren't sure yet what we want/need to do. We are trying to save money and we thought we were going to stay at at friend's house that lives in Mobile and get them to take us to the port and pick us back up, but that looks like it may be falling through.

We live about 6.5 hours from Mobile, so it is possible for us to get up early the day of the cruise and drive to the port, therefore not having to stay in a hotel, but then we would still have to pay 75 bucks to park at the port. We have enough Marriott points to stay for free, but we don't think we can use our points to pay for the actual "park and cruise" feature. Just trying to see what would be the best economical thing to do.

Does anyone know if there's anywhere we could park other than the actual port that would be cheaper than 15 bucks a day?

What did Marriott tell you when you called them?

Okay, just called them. Was told that we are not able to use our points to stay with any "park and cruise package". We aren't able to use our points and stay at the hotel, and then pay for the parking and shuttle part. The rep said we couldn't do that at any Marriott "in the state of Alabama". So...that's out. Guess we're driving down the day of the cruise. Now still wondering where we could park cheaper than 75 bucks...any suggestions?

Last month we stayed at the Fairfield Inn Spanish Fort. It is just across the bay from Mobile. It is part of the Mariott family of hotels. Great hotel. We used their Park & Cruise package. It was only $10 more than the regular stay. They will give you taxi vouchers for the ride to and from the pier.

Archived