Oslo and Oslo to Stockholm questions

Hi all. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

We will arrive in Oslo via the DFDS ferry from Copenhagen. We will staying at the Doubletree hotel. What is the best way using public transportation to get to the hotel from the Oslo ferry station? Is walking an option, and if so, what is the approx distance and time?

Likewise, when we leave Oslo we will be heading to Stockholm and thought it would be "cool" to take an overnight train! We saw that they were offered in past years, but will the overnight train be offered this July? If so, does anyone know when it would be available for booking?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Hi all. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!

We will arrive in Oslo via the DFDS ferry from Copenhagen. We will staying at the Doubletree hotel. What is the best way using public transportation to get to the hotel from the Oslo ferry station? Is walking an option, and if so, what is the approx distance and time?

Likewise, when we leave Oslo we will be heading to Stockholm and thought it would be "cool" to take an overnight train! We saw that they were offered in past years, but will the overnight train be offered this July? If so, does anyone know when it would be available for booking?

Thanks in advance everyone!

I don't see any "overnight" trains from Oslo to Stockholm, only the fast X2000. That is 6 to 6.5 hours, the latest arriving at 10 PM in Stockholm.

Al

We did not take the train but had thought about it. We were going the opposite direction--Stockholm to Oslo--but it should be the same. We flew SAS and got very reasonable seats--$150 USD for the two of us. The flight was smooth and had a very good view of the ground. I do not like to fly but this was the best flight I have ever been on. I think the flight was around an hour or so. Easy peasy!

Pearl

You can either walk from the ferry to the hotel or take a taxi. If you will go with the underground, you have to walk a bit first so that is not a good way to get to the hotel.

It seems to be no overnight train between Oslo and Stockholm this summer becausa a construction work at the railway on the norwegian side.

you can go with bus Oslo-Lilleström and then get the train to Stockholm. See www.sj.se , that is the swedish railway company

or you can fly with sas (www.flysas.com) or with norwegian (www.norwegian.com), Norwegian is a lowfare company.

Archived