Show Your Bathing Suits-All Sizes

brooklynfc

toxicfairy - where did you get the suit for your daughter? They are adorable! If you don't mind me asking?

brooklynfc - You look great in both suits - I too like the brown one the best!! But both are really nice!

I think they are both great, but I like the break in the line that the first one has. It gives you a great figure.

Thank you! It was my favorite as well.

I like both of yours also, but I have to say I'm partial to the black and white suit. I also love skirtinis, and all of my bathing suits have a skirt now. :)

Thank you! It was my favorite as well.

I like both of yours also, but I have to say I'm partial to the black and white suit. I also love skirtinis, and all of my bathing suits have a skirt now. :)

Well, last cruise I got tired of pulling my whole suit off to go to the bathroom, lol. Laziness won over with the skirtinis, lol. But I have to say that I thought they would not look that great on me, but they actually fit nicely. As usual thought the bust area is too loose b/c my hips are so large I have to go up a size. I might just tack the sewn in bra a bit to make it fit tighter and give more support. Otherwise I feel pretty comfortable in them.

I got both colors b/c I think black and white is classic, but the brown and teal looks good with my hair and skin tone too.

$32 is a steal. I thought I was doing good getting both of these for $100, lol.

If only I were brave enough to post a picture of myself in my suit. Maybe after a few DOD's! (I still very seriously doubt it, though) This suit I got at Lane Bryant, it is normally way more than I would ever spend on a bathing suit. The regular price for it was $119.95. However, they were having a buy $200.00 get 50% off sale. It just so happened that there were 2 dresses that I wanted at the time as well so I the two dresses, swimsuit, and site-to-store shipping (to save the $7.00, lol) for $115. I was pretty pleased because this was the one swimsuit I was truly in love with. The straps can be worn several ways - as a halter, criss crossed, or not at all. This was great because I as a plus sized woman I run into a couple of issues with suits - I am a bit top heavy (40 DDD) and halters dig into my neck in order for me to get the support I need or for the suits that have "regular" straps - they always slide down.

Anyway, I love the shirring on the side because it's so slimming. I have been working on losing some weight and I had gotten to a point to where I was mainly wearing yoga pants around the house so when I put this suit on I was kind of speechless. I felt awesome. It's something completely opposite from what I would normally choose color wise (I would like to refer to it as my mature choice) because I usually gravitate to bright colors but something about this black suit with little polka dots was just so much more fun to me than the identical suit in solid pink.

It's the only one I have for now and I may or may not get another one - we shall see. I doubt I will catch another one of those sales and I don't know my pocketbook can handle a full priced suit at the cost they are - but I do love them so!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWTfUBMhZ455jPxjfDdTuz8p8Jcy7ypoRImEVQmE7hOq_5dVId

If only I were brave enough to post a picture of myself in my suit. Maybe after a few DOD's! (I still very seriously doubt it, though) This suit I got at Lane Bryant, it is normally way more than I would ever spend on a bathing suit. The regular price for it was $119.95. However, they were having a buy $200.00 get 50% off sale. It just so happened that there were 2 dresses that I wanted at the time as well so I the two dresses, swimsuit, and site-to-store shipping (to save the $7.00, lol) for $115. I was pretty pleased because this was the one swimsuit I was truly in love with. The straps can be worn several ways - as a halter, criss crossed, or not at all. This was great because I as a plus sized woman I run into a couple of issues with suits - I am a bit top heavy (40 DDD) and halters dig into my neck in order for me to get the support I need or for the suits that have "regular" straps - they always slide down.

Anyway, I love the shirring on the side because it's so slimming. I have been working on losing some weight and I had gotten to a point to where I was mainly wearing yoga pants around the house so when I put this suit on I was kind of speechless. I felt awesome. It's something completely opposite from what I would normally choose color wise (I would like to refer to it as my mature choice) because I usually gravitate to bright colors but something about this black suit with little polka dots was just so much more fun to me than the identical suit in solid pink.

It's the only one I have for now and I may or may not get another one - we shall see. I doubt I will catch another one of those sales and I don't know my pocketbook can handle a full priced suit at the cost they are - but I do love them so!!!

Cute bathing suit! And you did some savvy shopping!

Saw this one and wanted it so bad, but..........my hips will not allow it. The tight fit and ruching (sp) would only slip up over my hips. I love retro looks though.

I think your suits are great and they look great on you! Here is what I ordered for my upcoming cruise. I got the black shorts, they are cover ups but I wear them as swim trunks!

swimtop.jpg

swimshorts.jpg

OMG i love the green top where did you get it. Im top heavy so i have to buy separates and tops that have some decent straps

I think they are adorable but really like the brown mix the best. If it makes you feel any better even though I wear a size 6 I probably have more cellulite then you do. I have this problem I blame it on ...I always say I am allergic to exercise ! It makes my breathing come in spurts and I break out in a sweat ,my face turns red and I feel like I am going to pass out :D must be an allergy so I just avoid it at all costs! Unfortunatly it is starting to show:rolleyes:.

I so totally agree with you, im allergic to exercise, well what i consider pointless exercise. Gym or running or stuff like that. I find it boring , i mean i would erally love to find doing ti enjoyable but i cant. Dont get me wrong i love playing sport. That i get! I have a shoulder injury that prevents me doing my sport of choice. I have been thinking of finding a "new" sport for me to play but its hard when i work afternoon shift. I think i might even have to try getting a group of ladies together to go walking in my area during the day. Its winter now so it might be ahrd with the rain and all but at least that might be a bit more interesting, walking and talking. I look fit but when you take a good look i have celluite real bad, it just showed up beginning of this year out of no where:D

OMG i love the green top where did you get it. Im top heavy so i have to buy separates and tops that have some decent straps

I so totally agree with you, im allergic to exercise, well what i consider pointless exercise. Gym or running or stuff like that. I find it boring , i mean i would erally love to find doing ti enjoyable but i cant. Dont get me wrong i love playing sport. That i get! I have a shoulder injury that prevents me doing my sport of choice. I have been thinking of finding a "new" sport for me to play but its hard when i work afternoon shift. I think i might even have to try getting a group of ladies together to go walking in my area during the day. Its winter now so it might be ahrd with the rain and all but at least that might be a bit more interesting, walking and talking. I look fit but when you take a good look i have celluite real bad, it just showed up beginning of this year out of no where:D

Do you like dancing? I work at a college and they offered Zumba classes this semester for students and staff and I really like it. Its def. a cardio workout, but fun. I have lower back problems and my chiro says its the devil, but he also says that he was proud of me for doing it and it was a great cardio workout.

i did think about zumba

was a bit worried about some of the arm movements. I am also really bad for following directions in a class like that i get so frazzelled and uncoordinated I might look into buying it for home where i can make a fool of my self with no one looking

toxicfairy - where did you get the suit for your daughter? They are adorable! If you don't mind me asking?

brooklynfc - You look great in both suits - I too like the brown one the best!! But both are really nice!

womanwithin.com

they look really nice on her too.

I wear a women's size 18 and I am super excited about the suit I bought to wear on our upcoming Bermuda cruise. Always For Me is a great website because they have some very trendy fashion-forward bsthing suits...not frumpy & dowdy like other plus size retailers. Here's the one I bought:

http://www.alwaysforme.com/it-figures-plus-size-bathing-suit-3009002.html

uniquelymeboutique_2149_6857682

I love when larger ladies rock their gorgeous suits by the pool and don't cover up from head to toe!

I love this....... soooo cute!!!!!:)

i did think about zumba

I am also really bad for following directions in a class like that i get so frazzelled and uncoordinated I might look into buying it for home where i can make a fool of my self with no one looking

I felt exactly the same way! In fact, my first class I almost walked out. I couldn't follow the teacher, and I was sure everyone was looking at my fat jiggle :) But for some strange reason i stuck with it, and now Zumba is so much fun, I never miss class! I hate just about every other form of exercise - spin, step, elliptical...etc. But I never even think of zumba as exercise anymore. it is my fun time:)

And now that I am one of the regular people, I know that no one really even pays attention to anyone else. Everyone (even the regulars) are too busy concentrating on the teacher and themselves! In my 2 years of taking Zumba, I have never even noticed anyone's fat jiggling! :D

I was kind of surprised to see that Zumba wasn't offered onboard my upcoming cruise. To me, Zumba would be the perfect vacation exercise!

P.S. Making a fool of yourself is a very liberating experience!

At my age, I'm not posting pix, but am impressed by those of you who did. I am short with a tummy apron, and found years ago that a two-piece blouson works best for me. I usually buy IT Figures, because they always have this style. We all need to be able to enjoy the sun and pools.:D

Bathing suits...:eek:... I never hated shopping for bathing suits ever since I had my son (not his fault obviously). I gained quite a bit of weight during pregnancy (went from 118 to 192!!!). 18 months later.. I am currently 163 pounds & a size 12 (am I really posting this for everyone to read lol?). Though I'm definitely not used to being this size, I am slowly accepting how I look & understanding I'll never be a size 2 or 4 again but I continue to work towards loosing more weight. Plus I believe that regardless of weight, a person can still be beautiful. I try to buy clothes that are flattering for my body type rather than try to wear "skinny people clothes" that simply don't look right on me at all.

Anyways, enough of my rant, back to the topic of bathing suits.. I recently bought two Calvin Klein one piece bathing suits at Macy's. Though one was $56 and one was $98, they are high quality and will last me a few summer seasons! The bathing suits also make me look a little slimmer.

Here are the links for them:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=516656&CategoryID=8699&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DCalvin%20Klein%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D6

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=516657&CategoryID=8699&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DCalvin%20Klein%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D6

i recently tried on my bathing suits and i'm actually, dare i say it, almost happy! i started my weight loss journey last november and now, with 23 days left until my cruise, i have 9 lbs left to lose (the total was 31lbs). As much as i'd like to hit my goal weight before we set sail, im so proud of my determination that i'm completely ok with cruising at my current weight in bathing suit right now. I haven't seen a bikini since i was 13, and now at 26 i'm actually ok with wearing one in public. now i just have to find cute stilettos that don't hurt my feet for the formal nights....one almost impossible task down, one more to go!

wow im very impressed with all of you who showed yourselves in the suits! KUDOS!! I hate bathing suits personally, but I have purchased one from KOHLS. after losing 100 lbs, I HAD to buy a new suit (yay)! Tank-inis for this girl with a lil skirt cuz i'm NOT ok with the inner thighs yet... =)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/swim/womens/mixandmatch/floral/PRD~c21791/SONOMA+life+++style+Floral+Swim+Separates.jsp

that's mine!

Bathing suits...:eek:... I never hated shopping for bathing suits ever since I had my son (not his fault obviously). I gained quite a bit of weight during pregnancy (went from 118 to 192!!!). 18 months later.. I am currently 163 pounds & a size 12 (am I really posting this for everyone to read lol?). Though I'm definitely not used to being this size, I am slowly accepting how I look & understanding I'll never be a size 2 or 4 again but I continue to work towards loosing more weight. Plus I believe that regardless of weight, a person can still be beautiful. I try to buy clothes that are flattering for my body type rather than try to wear "skinny people clothes" that simply don't look right on me at all.

Anyways, enough of my rant, back to the topic of bathing suits.. I recently bought two Calvin Klein one piece bathing suits at Macy's. Though one was $56 and one was $98, they are high quality and will last me a few summer seasons! The bathing suits also make me look a little slimmer.

Here are the links for them:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=516656&CategoryID=8699&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DCalvin%20Klein%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D6

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=516657&CategoryID=8699&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DCalvin%20Klein%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D6

Girl, I wish I was a size 12.......i wish I was in the teens. Size 12 is average for the modern woman. So know that you are in the majority and when you look around........most women will look like you. :D

Girl, I wish I was a size 12.......i wish I was in the teens. Size 12 is average for the modern woman. So know that you are in the majority and when you look around........most women will look like you. :D

Well thank you :) My mom always tells me that there will always be people in life that look better than you, and worse than you, so just love yourself & be who you are. I guess I'm just still getting used to being this size, you know? It was only 2 & a half years ago where I was a size 2! :eek:

Well thank you :) My mom always tells me that there will always be people in life that look better than you, and worse than you, so just love yourself & be who you are. I guess I'm just still getting used to being this size, you know? It was only 2 & a half years ago where I was a size 2! :eek:

Your mom is so right - be happy with who you are, she is a wise woman. You have done so well to get back to where you are and should feel proud of the achievement:D

Don't think that you can't get back closer to where you used to be though - you're just dealing with a lot right now, your body shape will have changed and you (rightly) have to devote your time and energy to looking after your little one. I had a hard time with getting back to my pre-baby weight after my daughter was born, went from a US size 4 to 8/10. Then, eventually, I got my head around it and now with the help of careful, healthy eating and WiiFit/DVDs I have maintained a good weight for years now. My daughter is 25 years old and I am back to a US size 4 and more toned than I was before she was born LOL! All except my tummy - that's always been less toned than the rest of me so I've never liked swimsuit shopping.

Sorry to get off thread - the swimsuit that I bought

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_064020222260_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7ESwimwear+%26amp%3B+beachwear%7ESwimsuits

It has a skirt and ruched tummy and a detachable halter neck (need the support up top!).

Your mom is so right - be happy with who you are, she is a wise woman. You have done so well to get back to where you are and should feel proud of the achievement:D

Don't think that you can't get back closer to where you used to be though - you're just dealing with a lot right now, your body shape will have changed and you (rightly) have to devote your time and energy to looking after your little one. I had a hard time with getting back to my pre-baby weight after my daughter was born, went from a US size 4 to 8/10. Then, eventually, I got my head around it and now with the help of careful, healthy eating and WiiFit/DVDs I have maintained a good weight for years now. My daughter is 25 years old and I am back to a US size 4 and more toned than I was before she was born LOL! All except my tummy - that's always been less toned than the rest of me so I've never liked swimsuit shopping.

Sorry to get off thread - the swimsuit that I bought

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_064020222260_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7EWomen%7ESwimwear+%26amp%3B+beachwear%7ESwimsuits

It has a skirt and ruched tummy and a detachable halter neck (need the support up top!).

Super cute suit!

Archived