Princess shuttle from Vancouver to SEA

I've done this twice in the past year. I believe the price was $49pp, but it may be higher now with the higher fuel costs.

The first time we disembarked was on a Saturday and there was so much traffic, our coach waited in line for an hour to cross the border from Canada to Washington. The second time it was much quicker because it was a weekday and there was less traffic.

I think you should allow 3 1/2 hours, but it can take longer, depending on traffic. Princess recommends booking a flight after 4 p.m.

I've done this twice in the past year. I believe the price was $49pp, but it may be higher now with the higher fuel costs.

The first time we disembarked was on a Saturday and there was so much traffic, our coach waited in line for an hour to cross the border from Canada to Washington. The second time it was much quicker because it was a weekday and there was less traffic.

I think you should allow 3 1/2 hours, but it can take longer, depending on traffic. Princess recommends booking a flight after 4 p.m.

Interesting, since we too will be disembarking on a Saturday. I think we will plan to stay over one night at an airport hotel, since whatever flights we can get at an appropriate time would be late at night redeyes. Thanks for the info.

Interesting, since we too will be disembarking on a Saturday. I think we will plan to stay over one night at an airport hotel, since whatever flights we can get at an appropriate time would be late at night redeyes. Thanks for the info.

If you are thinking of overnighting in Seattle you might want to consider taking the Amtrak train from Vancouver to Seattle. You will probably find the fare cheaper than the bus and the train ride will be more scenic and less border hassel...

The evening train leaves Vacnovuer approx 5pm and gets to Sea around 10 ...

That would give you the day to see a little of Vancouver

If you are thinking of overnighting in Seattle you might want to consider taking the Amtrak train from Vancouver to Seattle. You will probably find the fare cheaper than the bus and the train ride will be more scenic and less border hassel...

The evening train leaves Vacnovuer approx 5pm and gets to Sea around 10 ...

That would give you the day to see a little of Vancouver

Thanks for the suggestion, but we've been to Vancouver and $49 is not a lot of money for Princess to shlep our luggage. As for border hassling, Canada is one of the best borders in the world. Try Estonia. Or Romania. Or Bulgaria. :eek:

Thanks for the suggestion, but we've been to Vancouver and $49 is not a lot of money for Princess to shlep our luggage. As for border hassling, Canada is one of the best borders in the world. Try Estonia. Or Romania. Or Bulgaria. :eek:

Given every traffic report here includes border wait times I thought I'd chime in.

Canada is one of the best borders; you're right. Even without a Nexus card, it rarely takes more than 15 mins at either the Pacific Highway or Douglas Crossing heading north.

The USA on the other hand is a completely different story. One to three hour delays are commonplace at the two major crossings heading south into the USA.

Don't believe me? Just watch these two websites and compare;

http://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html

The two crossings you want to look for are the "Douglas Crossing" (Hwy 99 / I5) and the "Pacific Highway Crossing" (Hwy15 / SR543)

Given every traffic report here includes border wait times I thought I'd chime in.

Canada is one of the best borders; you're right. Even without a Nexus card, it rarely takes more than 15 mins at either the Pacific Highway or Douglas Crossing heading north.

The USA on the other hand is a completely different story. One to three hour delays are commonplace at the two major crossings heading south into the USA.

The two crossings you want to look for are the "Douglas Crossing" (Hwy 99 / I5) and the "Pacific Highway Crossing" (Hwy15 / SR543)

LOL. And that's why we'll be on a Princess bus with an overnight at the airport. :)

To add to this; I carry a NEXUS card (which is a pre-screened passport-like card to get you across the border in an express lane); and it took me 30 minutes to cross on Saturday (southbound) in the 'express lane'. One minute heading north when I returned

Archived