Splendour of the Seas Photos (2/26 cruise)

2fromTN -

Thanks for the pics. We're heading out on Spendour on 3/19, just counting down the days. We have a 10:30 snorkel trip planned on GC, and it says the ship is scheduled to get into port at 9:00. What's the best strategy to make sure the 5 of us get there on time? I've heard stories about the tenders that's making me nervous about getting to our tour. Can one of us get in line very early for tender tickets, to avoid all of us having to wait? Were you able to get off the ship in a timely manner? I'd appreciate any tips you may have. Thanks!!

Haven't had time to read all the replies but just wanted 2FromTN to know what an awesome job you did with your pictures. I've always wondered what cave tubing was like, now I know what to expect if I ever get the chance! And since we're sailing on the Splendour in 11 months, I am always looking for pictures of her. I looked at each and every one of your pictures. Good Job!!!!

2fromTN -

Thanks for the pics. We're heading out on Spendour on 3/19, just counting down the days. We have a 10:30 snorkel trip planned on GC, and it says the ship is scheduled to get into port at 9:00. What's the best strategy to make sure the 5 of us get there on time? I've heard stories about the tenders that's making me nervous about getting to our tour. Can one of us get in line very early for tender tickets, to avoid all of us having to wait? Were you able to get off the ship in a timely manner? I'd appreciate any tips you may have. Thanks!!

You might get in earlier than 9:00. That's what our schedule said but we actually arrived at 8:00AM and we left Tampa an hour late. As far as strategy, they give priority to those people who booked with the ship so you'll have to wait till about 8:30 to get what they call a tender boat ticket number. We caught a tender boat (which is actually one of the ship's life boats) around 9:00 or 9:15 and made it in plenty of time for our 10:30 snorkel trip (it only takes about 5 minutes to get to shore). Grand Cayman is pretty good for tendering, Belize on the other hand was not as nice. We arrived in Belize around 7:00AM. They said if we had an early excursion, we could get in line at 7:00 which we did. They still gave priority to all the ship excursions and we had to wait about 45 minutes to get a tender. Then, because the ships anchor about 10 miles off shore, it took about 20 - 25 minutes to get to the pier. We still made it in time for our private excursion so I think they are aware of the tendering situation.

Have fun!

Steve

Archived