Grand Caymen at the beginning of June

PurdueBen

I will be cruising to Grand Cayman at the beginning of June. I would like information from someone that has been there around that time to see what the weather is like. I've read about rain, and an extremely low risk of a hurricane. This will be my girlfriend's first cruise, and I want it to be great. I assume since it is scheduled it is usually pretty decent there. I guess, I'd just like to put my mind at ease.

Thank you in advance!

• 5 weeks later...
I will be cruising to Grand Cayman at the beginning of June. I would like information from someone that has been there around that time to see what the weather is like. I've read about rain, and an extremely low risk of a hurricane. This will be my girlfriend's first cruise, and I want it to be great. I assume since it is scheduled it is usually pretty decent there. I guess, I'd just like to put my mind at ease.

Thank you in advance!

We were in Grand Cayman last May and it rained the whole time. We were already booked on a morning excursion to Sting Ray City and it was not cancelled. Suprisingly, when we got out there it was sunny. Not so true about the tender dock area when we got back, it was still raining there. There were independent tour operators trying to convince us to go to their beach because it was not raining there. "yeah right" is what we thought and just headed back to the ship. At dinner that night we found out that our tablemates had taken the chance and went to one of those "no rain" beaches. They said it was beutiful, blue sky and sunny the whole time. I guess my point is, if it's raining at the tender dock just go to some other place on the island because it may be nice and sunny there. We are going back again this May and if it's raining, we are just going to hook up with one of those "come to our beach, it's not raining there" guys.

Archived