Carnival Victory Embarkation Questions

BenjiRodney

Anyone just back from the Victory and what to share how the embarkation process is for San Juan. Just curious. Thanks.:)

Super easy! I think I have details about it in my review, but from what I recall there was maybe 20 minutes between the time we arrived at port and the time we actually entered the ship. No waiting at all (we got there around noon), and then we were able to go back off the ship to pick up some wine.

We sailed April 3rd. Dropped off luggage around 10:30 and was told it would be noonish before we could get signed in. A line was forming but we opted to walk around the old fort. Headed back to the ship about 2/2:30 and the process was so quick I couldn't tell you anything about it. We were on the ship in minutes.

Our flight landed at 2 and we took the shuttle straight to the port and boarded rapidly! It was a pleasant, easy experience. (For more info, see my review in my tag line.)

Now, be prepared for the airport when you leave. I had read on this board that you should arrive 4 or 5 hours before your flight leaves and go through USDA customs FIRST. That was true. We had an incredibly long wait, but we talked with our fellow cruisers and enjoyed reliving our fantastic cruise.

Our flight landed at 2 and we took the shuttle straight to the port and boarded rapidly! It was a pleasant, easy experience. (For more info, see my review in my tag line.)

Now, be prepared for the airport when you leave. I had read on this board that you should arrive 4 or 5 hours before your flight leaves and go through USDA customs FIRST. That was true. We had an incredibly long wait, but we talked with our fellow cruisers and enjoyed reliving our fantastic cruise.

We are going to stay over in San Juan and fly out Monday night, so we can have 2 days to explore after the cruise.

I'm sailing in a few weeks and have been curious about this. Since I'm flying in to PR from FL, both myself and the GF are going to each have one bag that will be checked on the plane, plus we will each have a smaller rolling suitcase that we will carryon the flight along with our backpacks as our personal item.

Has anyone ever dropped all their luggage including the 'carryon' rolling suitcases with the porters so you could go explore Old San Juan (going to El Morro) then come back around say 5pm to get checked in and boarded? I'm kinda nervous about my bags being left in the hall for the whole day. Would I be better off checking in first and going out to OSJ after we board?

We arrived at the port at 11am, but they would not take our bags yet and said they wouldn't start boarding until noon. So, we had to keep our bags with us until we went back. A pain it was too........my hubby forgot to pack his bathing suits, so we walked down to CVS where I found one for him.......dragging our suitcases behind us. We weren't sure if we were going to get back off once we boarded, but we did later that evening.

Needless to say, that was the 1st time I let him do his packing........AND I told him it would be the last..........:D:)!

Archived