ES when category is no longer shown

Just went to the fare checker and my category no longer shows up. Does that mean my category is sold out. What are my options now in ES (not that prices will drop anymore at this point). Just want to be prepared and know what my options are.

My understanding is that you can still price protect if a category higher or lower than yours drops below your price. Example, I am booked in a cat 8D balcony which no longer has ES. There are still 8B and 8E and suites left, my understanding is that if these drop below the price I paid, i can price protect.

One other thing, you can only price protect against guarenteed rooms....ie, they can't pick the room for you.

Just went to the fare checker and my category no longer shows up. Does that mean my category is sold out. What are my options now in ES (not that prices will drop anymore at this point). Just want to be prepared and know what my options are.

If a (assigned abin) Category HIGHER than yours drops to/below your ES rate you can upgrade and get OBC for the difference. The "policy" is that you have to take the upgrade to get the OBC - a few posters have reported that they were able to keep their cabin and get just the OBC. ken

My understanding is that you can still price protect if a category higher or lower than yours drops below your price. Example, I am booked in a cat 8D balcony which no longer has ES. There are still 8B and 8E and suites left, my understanding is that if these drop below the price I paid, i can price protect.

One other thing, you can only price protect against guarenteed rooms....ie, they can't pick the room for you.

If you are in a 8D it would help you none at all if the 8Bs went down.

you cant price protect to a lower category.

You can price protect against any other fare as long as you qualify for it (military, past guess, resident) and as long as its on the same category room, same # of guest and same sailing. If your category room sells out, and a higher category is lower then what you paid, you can upgrade and get an OBC but as stated, they may make you take the upgrade in order to get the OBC. If you love your room, you may not be willing to do that.

What is the best way to find the current military discount for any given category? TIA...

You have to request the pricing through a PVP or TA. I've never seen it on line at Carnival.com but a few folks say that at least one TA has it listed...

:)

Not all cruises have a military discount. It's a capacity controlled fare code so even on voyages on which it is available once the limit is reached it will no longer be available but I suspect that seldom happens...

:)

Archived