Am I the only one who HASN'T been on Carnivals private island???

mom22tinks

I have never been on HMC and i have been cruising for a while now.About 2 year's ago the cruise ship that i was on was suppose to go there but alot of hurricane's went through there and destroyed alot of stuff so we couldn't go.

But now on this next cruise that i'm about to go on weather will hopefully cooperate this time.:)

Have not been.

This actually provides a great segue into a discussion/remark/comment I wanted to post.

To me, paying Carnival (or anyone else's excursion outfit) to take me to a beach and feed me lunch seems like a rip-off. Didn't I just pay $$$$ to get on board and sit out on deck, looking at the sea, and eat all I want for an included price?

A beach break just doesn't seem worth the $$ to me. If I do any excursions, I like it to be something more active or involved with the local culture or the like.

anyone else feel this way?

Half Moon Cay when I went on the Liberty last year included a buffet. It was basically a beach version of the boat. Sail & Sign was valid there as well.

As far as paying for a Carnival Excursion to some other beach, I agree. But I don't like beaches really. :) Most folks who take an actual Carnival excursion to a beach do so because it's easy, they like beaches and they have very little to worry about since transportation, etc are all taken care of in advance.

--Chris

I am getting ready to take my 6th Carnival cruise and still have never been on their private island. Is anyone else in the same boat?? I've been on Castaway Cay which I loved 3 times, but never Half Moon Cay. Anyone have pics or info they'd like to share about it? Thanks

Nope....not the only one..........I've got my 24th in October and still no HMC for me.........

I have cruises # 3 and 4 with Carnival scheduled in the next two months and we stop at HMC in June!! Already have a cabana rented.

And to the poster who thought it was a waste of money, it might be for your schedule but it works great for us. My boys will want to swim. My daughter can't stand being in the ocean (afraid a fish will touch her, go figure) so she wants to ride horses. I love the sand/beach/water as long as I don't have to spend all day in them. My mother, who isn't much of a swimmer, will be going with us and will want to see the kids play. So with the cabana, beach, horses, etc., it's a great day for all of us.

My husband, too, I guess. We're really just bringing him to pay for things! ;)

Actually no, HMC is owned by Holland America Line, a subsidiary of Carnival Corporation & PLC.

I believe you are correct! I have been to HMC many times on hal....best island ever. Carnival never really came there a whole lot until recently. The reason why Carnival doesn't go there on every cruise is because there are 2 cruise lines sharing the island. And I dont think they want to get a hal crowd mixed with a carnival crowd. Sometimes two hal ships go at one time. But very rare is it a hal and a carnival ship....not really the same cliental

:)

Have not been.

This actually provides a great segue into a discussion/remark/comment I wanted to post.

To me, paying Carnival (or anyone else's excursion outfit) to take me to a beach and feed me lunch seems like a rip-off. Didn't I just pay $$$$ to get on board and sit out on deck, looking at the sea, and eat all I want for an included price?

A beach break just doesn't seem worth the $$ to me. If I do any excursions, I like it to be something more active or involved with the local culture or the like.

You asked-here are my thoughts. I loved it there myself. No one says you have to get off the ship on the day it tenders there. You could simply stay onboard as if it were a sea day( which we also pay for), only you would have more space onboard because the majority are off enjoying a piece of Heaven on Earth.

I am getting ready to take my 6th Carnival cruise and still have never been on their private island. Is anyone else in the same boat?? I've been on Castaway Cay which I loved 3 times, but never Half Moon Cay. Anyone have pics or info they'd like to share about it? Thanks

HMC was on our itinerary for cruise back in January 2010. Well, it was a real cold winter in Florida. We left Miami in 36 degree weather!:eek: HMC is only in the Bahamas, not far from Miami. The day we were scheduled to visit, it was cold and gray. Not my idea of island paradise.

I was so looking forward to visiting after reading so many wonderful threads about the island here on CC. Unfortunately, we opted to stay in a nice warm cabin and waited for next port of call, St. Thomas which was much, much warmer.:(

I haven't, but am going in 29 days! :D

I believe you are correct! I have been to HMC many times on hal....best island ever. Carnival never really came there a whole lot until recently. The reason why Carnival doesn't go there on every cruise is because there are 2 cruise lines sharing the island. And I dont think they want to get a hal crowd mixed with a carnival crowd. Sometimes two hal ships go at one time. But very rare is it a hal and a carnival ship....not really the same cliental

:)

I think with HAL being more expensive, they give their guests priority.

We have almost been there!

Unfortunately on the Liberty in March the ship had to make a U-turn and head back to Miami for an emergency medical debark and we had to skip Half Moon Cay.

I have already booked another cruise to try again!

Nope! I just completed my 4th Carnival cruise and still no HMC. I will not sail the Fascination again and read too many mixed reviews about the Destiny.....so...I guess my only option is the Liberty, which includes Grand Turk--both places are on "my list"......hopefully I will get there soon!

we also have not been....yet. We are thinking of booking the next cruise with this stop on it. Have been to castaway cay. We loved the bike ride as a family.

Have not been.

i live in florida....6 miles away from the beach. I don't pay to go to a beach (i can get that for free :) ) I actually really like the private islands. It is almost like forced relaxation for my family. Our schedules are crazy, and we tend to vacation doing fun but exhausting things (scuba diving, white water rafting). Our next cruise (leaving in 9 days...yay!) we will be diving in grand cayman, roatan, and cozumel. We will be doing the cave tubing in belize, which i hear is a bit of a hike. After that.....a beach day sounds nice. Plus, they still feed you and look after your needs.....a win win for our family.

Nope! I just completed my 4th Carnival cruise and still no HMC. I will not sail the Fascination again and read too many mixed reviews about the Destiny.....so...I guess my only option is the Liberty, which includes Grand Turk--both places are on "my list"......hopefully I will get there soon!

Hey do you mind sharing why you will not sail on the Fascination again.!I have been looking at leaving out of Jacksonville.

Archived