Am I the only one who HASN'T been on Carnivals private island???

mom22tinks

I am getting ready to take my 6th Carnival cruise and still have never been on their private island. Is anyone else in the same boat?? I've been on Castaway Cay which I loved 3 times, but never Half Moon Cay. Anyone have pics or info they'd like to share about it? Thanks

I am getting ready to take my 6th Carnival cruise and still have never been on their private island. Is anyone else in the same boat?? I've been on Castaway Cay which I loved 3 times, but never Half Moon Cay. Anyone have pics or info they'd like to share about it? Thanks

Here you go this thread may help you...;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1188684

.....this August is my 12th Carnival cruise. I was supposed to go to HMC on my 2008 November Destiny cruise. We got to the island, it was a gorgeous day and an hour later we left. The boats could not tender because of high winds.

Hope I have better luck this year.

:cool:

wasiii

You really need to book a cruise with a stop at Half Moon Cay - I don't have pics, but there are pics all over CC site. It was a fabulous day-so very relaxing. I hope to get back there on a future cruise.

I'll be going to HMC next April (if the Weather Gods are kind) for the first time. I CAN NOT WAIT!

I've been hawking the Carnival site every day (several times a day) hoping to see those coveted Cabana's available for reservations so I can get one.

It's the part of the cruise I'm looking forward to most!

I would love it if Carnival would do HMC insteed of Belieze. I know I will catch comments for saying that but I am not a fan of Belieze and Half Moon Cay is beauitful,it was our favorite stop on that cruise. We only stopped there on a HAL cruise. I have been on 4 Carnivals and never went to a private island. All the RCL cruises we have been on stop at theirs. I am still hoping that my June cruise skips Belieze and goes to Costa Maya. I know thats wishfull thinking but I can wish!

Carnival only really started using HMC a few years back as it was almost exclusively used for Holland America Line. But since HAL does not use it at all during the summer months (they move all their ships to Alaska/Europe in the summer) they opened it up to Carnival which is using it much more in the past year or so. I can only assume they will include it on more itineraries the more popular it gets, plus it is 100% revenue for them so that might be the major motivator.

I've been there three times - it never gets old.

haven't been there either......................

I have not been on any of the lines' private islands yet. I am more of an off the beaten path person and am not sure I would enjoy the private islands as much.

Perhaps Carnival is monitoring these boards and can give those of us who have never been a free cruise that includes a stop there in order to demonstrate how great of a destination it is. I promise I will write a glowing review.

If you're still interested in pictures, here's the link to my HMC pictures from last May. Some of the pictures on the link aren't HMC (sunrise, sunset, cabin, etc.), I just put all HMC and other pictures taken on that particular date in the album.

http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/H_B_G/Half%20Moon%20Cay%20-%205-10-10/

Have not been.

This actually provides a great segue into a discussion/remark/comment I wanted to post.

To me, paying Carnival (or anyone else's excursion outfit) to take me to a beach and feed me lunch seems like a rip-off. Didn't I just pay $$$$ to get on board and sit out on deck, looking at the sea, and eat all I want for an included price?

A beach break just doesn't seem worth the $$ to me. If I do any excursions, I like it to be something more active or involved with the local culture or the like.

anyone else feel this way?

I have 24 cruises under my belt (19 with Carnival) and have NEVER BEEN to HMC !!! But, hopefully on my 20th, Carnival Destiny 8/8 cruise, I will finally get to Half Moon Cay, weather permitting !!!

Last and only time we cruised in August was 11 years ago... How is the weather then? Do we have a good chance of making Half Moon Cay?

BUT, the cabana has been rented ............ YIPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE

Carnival only really started using HMC a few years back as it was almost exclusively used for Holland America Line. But since HAL does not use it at all during the summer months (they move all their ships to Alaska/Europe in the summer) they opened it up to Carnival which is using it much more in the past year or so. I can only assume they will include it on more itineraries the more popular it gets, plus it is 100% revenue for them so that might be the major motivator.

I've been there three times - it never gets old.

Actually Carnival owns HMC not hal

Archived