Babysitting on Oasis

I know that the nursery is open till midnight but do they have babysitting options after that? The quest is @ 11:45pm but with the nursery closing @ midnight, kinda makes it impossible to go.

Don't know about the Oasis but on Explorer there is no nursery and they did offer in cabin sitting, 2 sitters come - however its $19 per hour and if your gone for 1 1/2 hours your charged for 2. You might inquire at guest relations upon boarding if your interested.

Don't know about the Oasis but on Explorer there is no nursery and they did offer in cabin sitting, 2 sitters come - however its $19 per hour and if your gone for 1 1/2 hours your charged for 2. You might inquire at guest relations upon boarding if your interested.

Yeah I've been on the Explorer and I recall them having babysitters but I'm wondering if it is different on the Oasis since they do have the nursery.

Oasis does have in stateroom babysitting. You need to request it from guest services when you board as it is first come, first serve. RCI now sends two people to the room and I believe the cost was $12/hr. We had the same two women for 5 nights and they were fabulous.

Thanks for the information on Oasis babysitting. I remember reading somewhere that there was a 3 hour maximum limit for in-room babysitting on Oasis. Can you tell me if that is true or not? If so, how did that work? Was it enough time for what you wanted to do? Did you combine the nursery and babysitting? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It was a 3 hour maximum per day. Because our kids are a bit older we could use Adventure Ocean until 10pm (free of charge). We would then get the kids ready for bed and settled in and had the sitters come at 10:15pm for 3 hours. We often made it back well before the 3 hours were up but it was nice to know we could stay out if we wanted. I guess I should mention that we did spend the days as a family and only requested the kids went to AO after dinner. It was nice to spend the days with the kids but have the nights to enjoy ourselves as well.

Oasis does have in stateroom babysitting. You need to request it from guest services when you board as it is first come, first serve. RCI now sends two people to the room and I believe the cost was $12/hr. We had the same two women for 5 nights and they were fabulous.

Thanks for the info!

Just got off the Explorer March 20, was told sitting was increased from $12 to $19 - don't know if its fleet wide though - very pricey

Just got off the Liberty on March 27th and it was $19 per hour and that was for max of 3 children same family with a min. age of 1 yr. old. Hours are 8:00am-2:00am..Must be reserved min of 24 hrs. (Pursers Desk) in advance but cannot be reserved prior to cruise vacation and payment must be made in cash

Archived