Please Correct Me if I am Wrong

Wannaknow

No, of course not. (Logically, it couldn't be superior to all the mainstreams if it were one itself!) It is definitely a premium cruise line. Cost-wise, it is about midway between the mainstream lines and the luxury lines.

Bill

I knew that. I just did not read your post carefully enough! :o

Will they give you a table for one? I sort of doubt it. (Could be wrong!)

When arriving alone to the GDR you may be offerred to join a table (depending on availablility and practicality - when you arrive and when others have been seated) or be given a table for two. The waiter will properly and unobtrusivley remove the uneeded setting.

As others have suggested though do not hesitate to ask to join a table; it is almost always a pleasant experience and bear in mind the table you'd be joining also requested to sit with others. It is a great social aspect of O. On the other hand if you would prefer to dine alone, that is certainly your choice and be assured it will be handled professionally. On a couple of occasions I have dined alone late when DW was suffering from rough seas. The staff always treated me well.

If you are booking a speciality restaurant on-line simply select a table for two and later let them know you'll be dining solo. It is more difficult to get a table for two as there are fewer so may not be able to get the preferred day/time. Same applies above though for joining a larger table, can be a great time.

Another question on this topic comes to mind. In pre-booking the specialty restaurants - what if you decide you don't want to eat in the specialty restaurant that night? Do you lose your opportunity to dine there or can you change the date?

Another question on this topic comes to mind. In pre-booking the specialty restaurants - what if you decide you don't want to eat in the specialty restaurant that night? Do you lose your opportunity to dine there or can you change the date?

Just let them know you are cancelling

They will rebook you if the space is available ...they do their best to accommodate you

One more question (I know I am exceeding my limit!). In making pre-cruise dining reservations - can you include friends traveling with you in the same category A-1 or do they have to make their reservations separately?

One more question (I know I am exceeding my limit!). In making pre-cruise dining reservations - can you include friends traveling with you in the same category A-1 or do they have to make their reservations separately?

You will need their names and booking numbers to join you and that will count as one of their allotted reservations allowed according to Stateroom Cat. They do not need to be in the same category stateroom as you.

When arriving alone to the GDR you may be offerred to join a table (depending on availablility and practicality - when you arrive and when others have been seated) or be given a table for two. The waiter will properly and unobtrusivley remove the uneeded setting.

YoHoHo,

Just for the record I was specifically talking about the specialty restaurants... but as I said, I'm not sure about getting a solo table in Polo or Toscana, although it doesn't sound to me as if OP is determined to dine all by herself anyway!

Mura

Yes

just say NO to sharing then add their booking number & name

I am not looking to dine alone and am will certainly go for share tables. I already have "friends" from our roll call with whom I am sharing some shore excursions. If I behave myself I might be asked to dine with them sometimes after a hard day of touring. Its seems O staff will do their best to accommodate one extra person on a table.

Thanks to everyone for their advice, what a great community CC are.

I don't know if anything ever came of it, but a poster a few months ago asked about the possibility of a "Singles Table" in the main dining room for people traveling alone. Mr DelRio personally answered that one and said he thought it was a great idea. The logistics might be a little tough due to the "Anytime Dining", but I think it would be a great idea to include that in the daily program, saying what time it would be. Personally, although I travel with my husband, we like to share tables with others, so we would not mind being at that table ourselves, should they need some extra people.

Archived