Botox in the spa?

A1SusieQ

I've heard that the spa gives botox and resilin treatments by an M.D. Has anyone ever used this service? Any good stories or horror stories?

I have had botox in the past administered by a dermatologist on land.

Just looking for people who will admit to using the treatment on-board, so please don't yell at me for being interested in injecting poison into my skin. :)

Same question was asked last week and a few folks replied with amazement that folks would do this at sea. Not so much against doing Botox, but, at sea?

If you do a search you might find some stories, good or bad.

Thanks. I did a search on these boards prior to this posting and there were no stories of anyone actually using the service. The only reference to botox were the folks who couldn't imagine anyone doing it.

With that said, many other people must be getting it done or they wouldn't be offering it. I guess no C.C. members use the service. ;)

Living in the Boston area with access to some of the finest medical professionals, "injections at sea" sparked my curiosity. So, I attended the presentation on a recent cruise, and like everyone else in attendance, left without booking a procedure.

While the before and after pictures look great, getting a straight answer on cost was difficult. "It depends on how many vials." After considerable probing, I learned the cost was comparable to what I pay at home.

I admitted to the doctor, who was not board certified or qualified in dermatology, that I have had Botox, Dysport and Restylane-L. The last two were unfamiliar to her and then I asked for her opinion of Radiesse and Sculptra and again, no knowledge of these. On board, they use a topical anesthetic, thus, the doctor was very curious about my experience with Restylane-L.

While any decision to have a cosmetic procedure done on board, is highly personal, I would never do it. There are risks involved and I sign a waiver each and every time I see my dermatologist. The full effect of some of these meds do not kick in immediately and if there's a problem, what do you do?

Darcy

The first time I ever had "it" done was on a cruise ship.. I loved the way looked --- It made me very happy --- Botox in the "11" area on my forhead-- nice and smoothed out --- folds around the nose area, gone, and fuller lips --

the folds area and lips were done with "restlyne " filler --- --- very resonable price --- had it done at home --- just the botox -- 11 again -- and around the eye area -- price not bad --went on another cruise - and the prices were out rageous --

Sorry for the spelling type oosss ---

Yes you are right -- do not want to hear it -- just was one person who had it done while cruising

I love the way I look afterwards-----I am having it done again next week --

I found a lot more people have "it done" -- then not

Living in the Boston area with access to some of the finest medical professionals, "injections at sea" sparked my curiosity. So, I attended the presentation on a recent cruise, and like everyone else in attendance, left without booking a procedure.

While the before and after pictures look great, getting a straight answer on cost was difficult. "It depends on how many vials." After considerable probing, I learned the cost was comparable to what I pay at home.

I admitted to the doctor, who was not board certified or qualified in dermatology, that I have had Botox, Dysport and Restylane-L. The last two were unfamiliar to her and then I asked for her opinion of Radiesse and Sculptra and again, no knowledge of these. On board, they use a topical anesthetic, thus, the doctor was very curious about my experience with Restylane-L.

While any decision to have a cosmetic procedure done on board, is highly personal, I would never do it. There are risks involved and I sign a waiver each and every time I see my dermatologist. The full effect of some of these meds do not kick in immediately and if there's a problem, what do you do?

Darcy

Thanks Darcy, you just saved me the trip to the spa for the "Injections at Sea" seminar. I would have asked similar questions before I received a level of comfort.

I will schedule an appointment for my first week home with the dermatologist.

I appreciate the advice.

First of all I LOVE botox and am advid educator about it. If you have had it done at home, then you know how your skin will react which is good. My sisters ex boyfriend got it done AT HOME the day before his cruise and bruised badly and spend the next 5 days on his cruise brusied with black eyes. I do slighly bruise at the injection site (because my capillaries are close to the surface) but its not bad at all. I am planning on scheduling it to be done around the week before or so and that works with my injection schedule thank goodness. Brusing is one thing that would concern me about being injected on vacation but since you know how your skin has responded in the past is good. It may not always react the same just remember. Our bodys adapt in amazing ways and its not always for the best.

Archived