BOA/RCCL Visa Rewards - OBC only good for outside and balconly staterooms?

Would someone who has redeemed their VISA/Royal points for OBC AND who are/were booked in an inside cabin let me know if they were able to use their points? My travel agent is concerned that since I am in an inside cabin I may not be eligible to use our points for OBC. The back of the Coupon states (as a separate item) "Cruise Rewards are valid only for outstide staterooms and balcony staterooms only." This is listed under the "Highlights of Royal Caribbean Rewards Program Rules".

Can this be so? Did I waste my time getting this card - we only book two inside cabins for our family of 5 when we sail! Oh my....

I got the TA involved because I wanted to ensure I was going through the proper channels since the RCCL website, where I completed our docs online stated any changes had to go through the TA since it was booked through her - I am one of the annoying rule followers, so I was being extra careful and continue to go through her.

As for the "Cruise Rewards are valid only for outside and balcony staterooms only." it is located on the back beneath the certificate perferation - the 4th bullet. It is on both of my certificates (5,000 and 15,000). However I am no longer worried since so many great folks replied they had no problems!

Of course, I don't understand what that particular rule is for...perphaps booking a new cruise...ah legal jargon - who can understand it....

"Cruise Rewards are valid only for outside and balcony staterooms only." it is located on the back beneath the certificate perferation - the 4th bullet.

I saw this on my copy too, but apparently a Cruise Reward is different than Onboard Amenities and Onboard Credits.

Would someone who has redeemed their VISA/Royal points for OBC AND who are/were booked in an inside cabin let me know if they were able to use their points? My travel agent is concerned that since I am in an inside cabin I may not be eligible to use our points for OBC. The back of the Coupon states (as a separate item) "Cruise Rewards are valid only for outstide staterooms and balcony staterooms only." This is listed under the "Highlights of Royal Caribbean Rewards Program Rules".

Can this be so? Did I waste my time getting this card - we only book two inside cabins for our family of 5 when we sail! Oh my....

Crown & Anchor told me since I'm an Emerald I could use the points with an inside cabin.

Archived