Meet & Greet for Cruise Critics

Does Carnival have a Meet & Greet get-together for Cruise Critic members, like Celebrity and Royal Caribbean offer to their passengers? We are cruising on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore, MD on May 1, 2011.

Wallygator :)

Nope they do not... they are usually set up on the roll call... here is the link to yours...;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1345335

We were given a room for our Group cruise M&G on the Spirit last September 14th at no cost ( they had a waitress so we could order drinks). Our Group leader I assume organised it through CCL with the help of the CC group cruise co-ordinator . We had a great time.

We had our CC M&G on the Freedom in February in the Piano Bar. Carnival did have wait staff taking our drink orders. We didn't know we only had the room for an hour though, towards the end of the hour we were basically asked to leave that area. Carnival had scheduled an acupuncture seminar in the Piano Bar & the acupuncturist that came in to set up was really rude to the group. My best guess was he was feeling crunched for time & wanted us out of there so he could set up for his presentation.

Our M&G was set up via emails with John Heald. Even is we did feel like we got the "bums rush" to get out of the bar we were in, it still was nice of Carnival to arrange for the wait staff & the use of the bar for our M&G.

Looking forward to our next cruise!!!

rccl et al uses advertising $$ to do these. your higher fare working for you.

contact john heald who may do something for you via facebook, or blog.

????? What do you mean "advertising dollars"?

It sounds to me like RCI is providing a service to CC members as a means of promoting their line and helping fill up their ships.

Does Carnival have a Meet & Greet get-together for Cruise Critic members, like Celebrity and Royal Caribbean offer to their passengers? We are cruising on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore, MD on May 1, 2011.

Hope you have a great time. I am also doing this cruise on May 29 and was wondering the same thing. We have pretty much nobody on our rollcall board so I guess its not worth setting something up. I would have liked to, but for about 10 people its probably not worth it. Hope you enjoy and let us know how it was so we can get even more excited for our turn.

It sounds to me like RCI is providing a service to CC members as a means of promoting their line and helping fill up their ships.

um. isn't that the definition of advertising?

Yep, that's called advertising! Advertising expenses aren't just for billboards and radio spots....

um. isn't that the definition of advertising?

What's the difference what budget it comes out of? You could say past guest parties are also advertising. So are the "elite perks", future cruise credits, etc. In this case, the beneficiary isn't elite customers. It's cruise critic users.

If you email me I'll be glad to help out. The address is in my signature...

:)

Archived