Booking CCs through other sites???

cruisegirl91

Hi,

My mom and I are thinking about doing a short cruise this fall out of either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I was planning on booking last minute through *************.com, but I'm wondering if it's ok to go this route. Does anyone regularly book Carnival cruises through sites such as this? Has anyone had any problems??

Thanks! :o

Hi,

My mom and I are thinking about doing a short cruise this fall out of either Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. I was planning on booking last minute through *************.com, but I'm wondering if it's ok to go this route. Does anyone regularly book Carnival cruises through sites such as this? Has anyone had any problems??

Your site didn't make the cut.

Personally, I just book directly though Carnival as other sites can't publish rates lower than Carnivals. And if you book through a third party, you can't call up Carnival later and ask them questions about your booking, etc.... They will only deal with your TA.

Its against the rules to discuss any particular TA, or even to mention one by name on here.

No site will give you a better advertised rate than booking direct, so unless you are being ofered some particularly great service from a TA or a huge perk, I would book direct.

Great! Thanks for the super quick replies! I wasn't sure if there was a major price difference if booking through one of those last-minute web sites. And thanks for giving me the heads up about the rule! I'll know from now on.

Guess I will be booking directly through Carnival :D

Hi,

If you book, you're booked. Just make sure that there's a toll-free number to get in touch with them in case of problems. I wouldn't book a hotel without that option, much less a cruise. But, just compare the same on Carnival's web site. Unless they actually bought a block of rooms to resell, the price should be the same.

I have a group cruise booked for August 2012 as well, which I booked through a TA. I don't think I'll be doing it again. I like to have the option of being able to do the whole 'manage my cruise' thing and check on balances myself. It was the first cruise I've ever booked, so I wanted to go with a TA just to be safe. Now that I know it's super easy to book, and that the prices will be typically the same either way, I think I'll be booking directly with Carnival from now on.

Thanks everyone :o

Archived