Iberostar Beach Excursion

vowsatsea

Has anyone done this yet through RCCL? I'm looking for any reviews and pictures you're willing to share :D

We're trying to decide whether we should book this, or book Hilton Rose Hall independently.

How was the beach? Transportation? Food? Resort itself? Are you able to use their pools, and what else do they have there?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if it's the Iberstar Grand Rose Hall or Iberstar Rose Hall Beach as listed. The beach is only a 3 star and has some negative reviews on tripadviser. The RC site says 5 star hotel which would be the Grand but the name listed is the Iberstar Rose Hall Beach Hotel. I am looking at the Hilton but with all the reports of traffic and late back to the ship I feel safer taking a ship excurtion.

We are sailing on Freedom of the Sea's in June. We are going to try Jamaicaforaday. $75 +$15 for transfers for adults $55 +$15 for kids up to 17 years of age. Includes a waterpark. Not sure the RCCL includes the waterpark. I called the Hilton today the cost for a day pass through the resorts is $65 adult $45 childern day passes are for the hours 11 -6. This price includes food and beverages. (booze included) Cab ride from Falmouth around $25.00 one way for up to 4 people. I hope this helps. I've never done this before so I'm going to give it a try. Good Luck

http://www.jamaicaforaday.com/Falmouth_Jamaica_Shore_Excu.html

• 2 weeks later...
I'm wondering if it's the Iberstar Grand Rose Hall or Iberstar Rose Hall Beach as listed. The beach is only a 3 star and has some negative reviews on tripadviser. The RC site says 5 star hotel which would be the Grand but the name listed is the Iberstar Rose Hall Beach Hotel. I am looking at the Hilton but with all the reports of traffic and late back to the ship I feel safer taking a ship excurtion.

I just returned from a week at the Iberostar Rose Hall beach resort. There are actually 3 hotels right next to each other:

Iberostar beach resort

Iberostar Suites

Iberostar Grand

The Grand is adults only. As I said I was at the beach resort and thought it was wonderful. I had read those negative reviews on Trip advisor before I left and was a bit concerned but whoever wrote negatives remarks must have been on a different planet.

By the way the Hilton is right down the street not too far from The Iberostar hotels.

Thanks Marie51. I leave on the 22 and have yet to make a decision. Could you give me more info? Food, beach, pool. Any trouble getting a chair, was there shade or umbrellas? Did you do any of the non motorized water sports? Was the beach rocky? Free wifi? Any negatives? Thanks!

Thanks Marie51. I leave on the 22 and have yet to make a decision. Could you give me more info? Food, beach, pool. Any trouble getting a chair, was there shade or umbrellas? Did you do any of the non motorized water sports? Was the beach rocky? Free wifi? Any negatives? Thanks!

Well as I said I was there for a whole week as an all inclusive vacation so I don't know exactly what is made avaliable for people with day passes or on a ship sponsored excursion. There are 2 huge pools that have a swim up bar and look out onto the ocean. I would say these are the greatest pools I have ever seen. We thought the food was very good. They have 2 separate buffets open for lunch, one in an air conditioned building and the other open to the outside. Both are an easy walk. On the beach were plenty of chairs in the shade as there are a number of large trees right on the beach you can sit under if you want shade. The beach was not rocky but the only negative I have is that the beach water was a little green and had twigs and leaves floating around so I don't know if there had recently been a storm or something. They do have snorkling, kayaks, etc. but I don't know how much of those activities are offered to those with day passes. I don't know about wifi. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I know I'm a little late to the conversation, but we spent a week at the Grand a few years ago so I figured I would chime in! We are cruising to Fallmouth in November and are considering doing Iberostar for a day. We will do the Suites if we do choose to go that route. We had an amazing week at the Grand with both sets of parents also, but we were fortunate enough to be upgraded from the Suites because the Beach resort had been closed due to low occupancy and some labor disputes.

We enjoyed the restaurants at the Grand, but we spent most of our time at the Suites. The guests were less snooty, the atmosphere was more lively (without being wild or prohibiting us from relaxing), the food was good at the buffets, drinks were plentiful, and the Suites has a lazy river and the beach and grand do not.

If you have access to one resort, you also have access to the resorts "below it." So if you are a Grand guest, you have access to the Suites and the Beach. If you are a Suites guest, you also have access to the Beach, and if you are a Beach guest, that is the only resort you can access.

I hope this link will take you to my review. It may help you decide if it is for you: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g147311-d1167103-r49991184-Iberostar_Grand_Rose_Hall-Montego_Bay_Jamaica.html

Was there last month on Allure. It was the Beach. There were two infinity pools that overlook the beach one with a swim up bar. They were one hour behind us in time so keep your watch on ship's time. There was an outside buffet that had breakfast out when we arrived to the right facing the ocean. They had a lunch buffet at 12 their time. There was a better indoor buffet on the other side of the building at 1pm their time. The beach was not as nice as the pool area.

Iberostar Suites is the newest addition to the Iberostar resorts and preferred over beach. Basically because it is newer and nicer.

So we have been told. Someone who works for DH was just there for a weeks holiday with his family. I know their style, his Mrs. is VERY particular. :eek: They highly recommended it as opposed to Iberostar beach..

Archived