St George carriage rides

biebz

I have been reading the posts and many cruisers are saying they got carriage rides in St. George. This is only thing we want to do besides the beaches. The last time we were there, the rides were all booked up mostly by the cruise lines. Can anyone give suggestions on where to go to reserve a ride or can we e-mail a company to reserve a ride. Do you just talk to the driver along the street. We thought you needed reservations. We went to a carriage ride station the last time. Thanks for the help!

I have been reading the posts and many cruisers are saying they got carriage rides in St. George. This is only thing we want to do besides the beaches. The last time we were there, the rides were all booked up mostly by the cruise lines. Can anyone give suggestions on where to go to reserve a ride or can we e-mail a company to reserve a ride. Do you just talk to the driver along the street. We thought you needed reservations. We went to a carriage ride station the last time. Thanks for the help!

Last year dh gave me a carriage ride as one of my Christmas presents. I've always wanted to take one..but, thought they'd be too expensive. We took the ferry to St.George's and as we got off the ferry to the left there were a couple of carriages sitting there waiting for people. We asked John how much a ride would be..he said $10 per person.:eek: I said really???? He said as long as he gets 4 other passengers it's $10 per person. His name is John and he has 2 white horses. He said the ride would be 45 minutes. He took us up and down streets and areas of St. George's we had never seen..every so often he stopped and got out and showed us different flowers and different herbs that grow wild in Bermuda. The ride was 1 hour and 15 minutes and it's one of the most enjoyable things we have done so far on a vbisits to bermuda....:p We do Love Bermuda.....Have fun

Just in case DW's post wasn't clear about this - our carriage tour went WAY beyond the Town of St George's. John brought us past Tobacco Bay and St Catherines Fort (= gorgeous ocean views) and then came back in from the other side of town to the square. Your standard tour plus some great local color. Well worth it! :D

Just in case DW's post wasn't clear about this - our carriage tour went WAY beyond the Town of St George's. John brought us past Tobacco Bay and St Catherines Fort (= gorgeous ocean views) and then came back in from the other side of town to the square. Your standard tour plus some great local color. Well worth it! :D

Just a bit of trivia. One of the teams of horses is from Lancaster County in Pa.:)

Just a bit of trivia. One of the teams of horses is from Lancaster County in Pa.:)

Thanks so much for that info..is it two of John's horses? Or the carriage horses in general? As I'm sure you know we are pretty close to Lancaster, Pa. You always have the neatest information:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for that info..is it two of John's horses? Or the carriage horses in general? As I'm sure you know we are pretty close to Lancaster, Pa. You always have the neatest information:rolleyes:

Not sure if they're John's horses but I can find out. You're even closer to me than Lancaster Co.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, my, again, we are neighbors, we will look for the horses from Lancaster!! thanks a bunch!

Archived