FLL hotels to sawgrass Mills

stefanny28

Does anyone know which shuttle company offers cheap and reliable shuttle service from the FLL hotels to Sawgrass Mills Outlet center?

I called Florida Shuttle services, Orange shuttle and Ace tours. They all quoted different prices. Has anyone used any of them and what do you think?

Thanks

Does anyone know which shuttle company offers cheap and reliable shuttle service from the FLL hotels to Sawgrass Mills Outlet center?

I called Florida Shuttle services, Orange shuttle and Ace tours. They all quoted different prices. Has anyone used any of them and what do you think?

Thanks

It is quite a ways.

Go Airport Shuttle advertises $50 each way for a town car from the airport for up to 4 people. They don't advertise Sawgrass Mills on their shared van page. I'm guessing a cab will be in the $30-40 range. I think there is public transit. SAS doesn't have anything on their site for Sawgrass, but they might do it. I would just rent a car as Sawgrass is about 17 miles from FLL.

Thanks

Not sure exactly where you are staying, but transportation from Ft Lauderdale hotels (beach area, downtown, SE 17th St) to Sawgrass Mills Mall is kind of pricey (i.e. $50 each way for a taxi) unless you take the city bus (which is arguably inconvenient). Can't help you with shuttle service info, but it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't many that will take you to Sawgrass from Ft. Lauderdale round-trip for a decent price. I'm curious, how much did the services you called quote?

Cheapo shuttle quotes me $70/4 persons and $10 for any extra (Return trip).

Acetoursinc.com quotes was $120/8 persons return, and $70/3 persons.

I guess this is a good price since renting a car will cost probaly about the same and then you have to worry about how to get there, parking, etc...

Cheapo shuttle quotes me $70/4 persons and $10 for any extra (Return trip).

Acetoursinc.com quotes was $120/8 persons return, and $70/3 persons.

I guess this is a good price since renting a car will cost probaly about the same and then you have to worry about how to get there, parking, etc...

It's easy to find. Go west on 595 from the airport and north on 869 Sawgrass Expressway to the mall and NHL arena. The benefit is you have the car so you can operate on your own schedule and also go elsewhere when you want.

The FLL airport is really close to 17th street ($10 cab, to guess). I would imagine any of the airport locations would be good. Enterprise will pick you up! You can book airport rentals through Hotwire relatively inexpensively.

Edited to say, check out the Galleria Mall. Sawgrass has gone downhill in recent years.

Is there any car rental companies near our hotel?

We are planning to stay on 17th street?

Budget is on 17th just next to the Renaissance, across from the Holiday Inn and down the road from Embassy Suites. Hertz and Thrifty are a short drive away at Federal Highway and State Rd 84. Or as mentioned, all the major brands are also at the airport, which is quite close as well.

The Aventura Mall is also a reasonable distance away, about 10 miles south of Ft Lauderdale. This mall is actually slightly bigger than Sawgrass in terms of square footage (#5 in the country actually), although it does have fewer stores.

But if you want bargains you go to Sawgrass. Aventura is very expensive but there are a few good restaurants around the mall. The Galleria on Sunrise is a lot closer and it's a decent mall with some really nice restaurants (Seasons 52, Trulucks, PF changs, capital grill). It's also not very far from the port whereas Aventura is a little bit of a drive (20-30 minutes)

Now my DD is getting all excited...2 malls (Aventura and Sawgrass)...

Which one is easier to get to? Can we get a taxi or a shuttle to Aventura. DH is absolutely against renting a car since he hates all the hassles of finding directions and parking.

If your DH can drive around Montreal, he'll find Ft Lauderdale and immediate area no sweat. Other than traffic can be busy, it's a basic grid. A block west of Embassy Suites is Federal Highway, and it goes straight south, past the airport, and right to Aventura Mall. 10 miles. Not exactly the quickest route, because of stop lights, but hard to get lost on. Or right beside the airport, like I mentioned above, is I-595. Take it west to Sawgrass Expressway and you're at that mall. Taxis to either is going to be quite expensive. There's local transit, but I wouldn't want to be trying to find my way on local bus systems and making connections, let alone drag around any purchases.

If you have your hotel figured out yet, it's worth a call to them. If they have a concierge, they will be able to give you great advice on the best way to get to each one.

I know you said your DH doesn't want to rent a car, but just wanted to explain the car rental building to you.

When you leave FLL airport there will be a shuttle bus for everyone going to rental cars. Just hop the continuous shuttle and off to car rental. All the major rental companies are in one building. You get your car and you are free to go. As another posted said, FLL is very easy to navigate. They will give you a map and point out all the places, including the malls.

On the morning of the cruise, just drive back to the airport from your hotel (signs everywhere) and follow the exit ramp for car rental return. Once you have your car checked in you go into the building and catch the shuttle that will take you to the port (free of charge) Just make sure you keep your car rental agreement handy, as they do check to make sure you rented in order to get on the free shuttle.

Just a note if you do drive, get off 595 at either Flamingo or 136th street because the Sawgrass expressway is confusing to people from out of town. North (right turn) on either will take you right up to the Sawgrass. If you get lost I'm right there on Flamingo so call. :D

If you are going to be doing some heavy duty shopping if you don't have a rental car DH will have to lug everything through the mall. And it is big and growing.

Here what I was planning :to arrive on the Jan 1st, go to the hotel and take the tram to Galleria. Since we will probably try to get the Hyatt North through valuetrips.com, that will be the easy part.

For Jan 2nd, can I rent a car from Budget (since someone did post here that it is the closest car rental agency to the hotel) drive to either aventura or Sawgrass and then just return it on the same day?

We are going to the Allure on the 3rd so I was just going to take a taxi and get it to drop us at the port.

Is what I am planning make sense?

Does anyone know if Aventura and sawgrass will be open on jan 2nd, 2012?

Thanks again to all you guys who took time to give me some great advices.

As for DH and the heavy shopping bags, well... isn't what husbands are for???

Budget is probably a 10 minute or so walk east on the 17th st and across the road. Since it is a city location, and not an airport one, it probably has the typical 9-5 hours that off-airport rental locations have, so check ahead on that. For what it's worth, the Hertz at the Crown Plaza and Dollar/Thrifty across the road from that are about the same distance on foot from Hyatt Place, to the south, as Budget is to the north and east.

I don't think anything will be closed on the 2nd, other than maybe government or banks, unless they take the Friday off for the holiday. I would check ahead as to whether any of the stores are open on the first though.

Here what I was planning :to arrive on the Jan 1st, go to the hotel and take the tram to Galleria. Since we will probably try to get the Hyatt North through valuetrips.com, that will be the easy part.

For Jan 2nd, can I rent a car from Budget (since someone did post here that it is the closest car rental agency to the hotel) drive to either aventura or Sawgrass and then just return it on the same day?

We are going to the Allure on the 3rd so I was just going to take a taxi and get it to drop us at the port.

Is what I am planning make sense?

Does anyone know if Aventura and sawgrass will be open on jan 2nd, 2012?

Thanks again to all you guys who took time to give me some great advices.

As for DH and the heavy shopping bags, well... isn't what husbands are for???

You mention that you are arriving in Ft. Lauderdale on January 1st. The malls will definitely be open January 2nd. You and a million other people will be shopping. Ft. Lauderdale will be busy around the new year. Even if you are not sure of your exact plans, I would make refundable hotel and car reservations while you are looking for better deals.

Just a note if you do drive, get off 595 at either Flamingo or 136th street because the Sawgrass expressway is confusing to people from out of town. North (right turn) on either will take you right up to the Sawgrass. If you get lost I'm right there on Flamingo so call. :D

If you are going to be doing some heavy duty shopping if you don't have a rental car DH will have to lug everything through the mall. And it is big and growing.

We were in FLL for a hockey game earlier this month. We stayed at the LaQuinta on 136th. The mall is very easy to find from 136th. Loved the Tommy Bahama outlet store. My wallet didn't like it, but I did....:eek:

I thought of you last weekend when I went to the Sawgrass, what a nightmare! But it was Saturday of Easter weekend. So Jan 2 will actually be great, the kids will be back in school, the parents will be back to work, etc. Any earlier than that though I would not suggest it.

On our last cruise one of the bartenders mentioned going out to Best Buy which is in a strip mall just east of the Sawgrass, I believe they have a ship sponsored van but can't swear to that. Maybe some cruisers leaving in the next few months from FTL can ask the crew how they get around.

Archived