Embarkation Luggage and Rooms

gaelan

After four intial cruises with Carnival DW and I decided that we should try some of the other lines...Celebrity,HAL and just off Princess to see if we were missing anything. Our collective opinion is that Carnival stacks right up there at the top and does a pretty darn good job. Of course some individual things are better and some worse on the others but one thing that stood out is that Celebrity, HAL and Princess allow you to go to your room right away and your luggage arrives before you depart......while we had to wait for our room and luggage came later that night....once very late..... on all our Carnival cruises......anybody know why??

Cabin stewards on Carnival have more cabins to clean in the last couple of years.

Our Princess cabin steward couldnt ever get our cabin cleaned on time ... so what you report is not universal. They also lost my checked luggage. It was out in the hall on a completely wrong deck. Finally found it about 10 pm ....long after dinner.

Carnival has never done that to me yet.

Somehow, I think that the later you arrive the later the luggage arrives. I have arrived at port early enough to be on the ship not long after boarding is called. I have also been lucky to have all my luggage arrive by the time the cabin is ready or by 3pm at the very latest. One cruise I had both pieces of luggage waiting in the cabin for me when cabins opened up at 2!

It is true, cabin stewards are having to do more, so sometimes when a passenger doesn't leave the cabin before a certain time they have to wait. I am nice, I vacate the cabin ASAP and wait on deck or in the lounge specified for VIP's to get off the ship. The cabin I had on the Liberty last year looked like the people vacated it at the very last second. It was a total mess!!!! We had a inattentive steward and the cabin was just barely ready at 130!!!

Archived