crew on the Spirit

Gema

I will be cruising on the Silver Spirit in May and wondered if anyone knew who the Captain, Cruise and Hotel Directors will be. Also are Mickki and Eric from Stars still onboard

We were on the Spirit in December 2010 and will be on her again in late August from Venice to Athens. Captain Corsaro was our Captain (he's fabulous) and I was told he is on vacation from August until October so it seems like he may be on your voyage. I believe the second in command was Salvatore? Overall, the beat crew we've ever been with. They were very friendly and the ship wAs very well run. Of course, the awesome bartender at the pool, Gareth,

didn't hurt either! I'd be interested in who your crew is and who will be around in August....

How good is Gareth?!! We had him on the Whisper a couple of years ago and he said he was moving to the Spirit. From the first night he knew exactly what we wanted. Amazing! He loved his rugby too. Hope he's still there in July!

We were on the Spirit in December 2010 and will be on her again in late August from Venice to Athens. Captain Corsaro was our Captain (he's fabulous) and I was told he is on vacation from August until October so it seems like he may be on your voyage. I believe the second in command was Salvatore? Overall, the beat crew we've ever been with. They were very friendly and the ship wAs very well run. Of course, the awesome bartender at the pool, Gareth,

didn't hurt either! I'd be interested in who your crew is and who will be around in August....

I meant BEST above (not beat!). Sorry, was typing on my Ipad....

We were on the Spirit November 22 to December 2, 2010, perhaps just the voyage or two before you, and probably had the same crew. Nice to hear from another cat .. meow!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1317609

We were on right after you--on Dec. 2 Fort Lauderdale to Barbados. Yes, always good to hear from another cat--MEOW! I think I may have saved the daily program that included the names of the crew and will check.;)

How good is Gareth?!! We had him on the Whisper a couple of years ago and he said he was moving to the Spirit. From the first night he knew exactly what we wanted. Amazing! He loved his rugby too. Hope he's still there in July!

He was amazing--I know he really liked the Whisper. I would be surprised if he is still on in late August, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Knowing him, he may even remember what I drank this past December!:)

I will be cruising on the Silver Spirit in May and wondered if anyone knew who the Captain, Cruise and Hotel Directors will be. Also are Mickki and Eric from Stars still onboard

We just got off. The captain was Marco Sangiocomo, cruise director was Fernando (I never got his last name but he was super) and the Hotel Director I couldn't tell you.

The crew was GREAT in every way. It's a shame we had to leave as the ship really emptied out in Dubai and there are something like only 200 guests going all the way to Southampton from there.

As I remember from Capt Corsaro's e-mail, he should be back aboard Spirit late this month or early May. He will then be aboard until Aug, when he goes on vacation again until Oct. He will then be back aboard for the Transatlantic and until Dec when he will move to Whisper with Mauro(Chief Engineer) for the WC.

Thanks for your replys

Hi Doug, I remember you from last December's cruise - Barbados to Fort Lauderdale - hope you and your good wife are keeping well.

I hope Fernando is on board (we are sailing Athens to Southampton, 1st May, so joining the tail end of the world cruise), he is one of the best Cruise Directors we have had the pleasure to meet.

It will be good to meet up with Gareth again too.

Not long to go now

Gail

Thanks for your replys

Hi Doug, I remember you from last December's cruise - Barbados to Fort Lauderdale - hope you and your good wife are keeping well.

I hope Fernando is on board (we are sailing Athens to Southampton, 1st May, so joining the tail end of the world cruise), he is one of the best Cruise Directors we have had the pleasure to meet.

It will be good to meet up with Gareth again too.

Not long to go now

Gail

We were on the spirit on the prior cruise--fort lauderdale to Barbados. Looking forward to hearing about the crew and if you can find out, who will be there at end of August/early September. We're cruising from Venice to Athens on Aug 26. Can't wait!

• 2 months later...
Since you just got off the Spirit, can you share any other info in terms of crew, your experience, etc. Thank you!

We sailed on Spirit in late May/early June. It was my first cruise so my perception may be not very representative.

We found the service was not quite up to what we'd expected. I was looking for a Four Seasons type experience but that didn't happen. With the exception of one waiter, the only person who ever addressed us by name was our butler.

In La Terrazza at lunch we didn't encounter any issues, but the same cannot be said for the service during dinner which was inconsistent. In MDR the service was consistent but it wasn't outstanding.

Overall we found staff to be very friendly and wanting to help but many of them didn't quite hit the mark as far as seamless personalised service.

I attribute this to two factors: there had just been a huge crew/staff change following the world cruise, and the size of the Spirit, especially when the ship is full as it was on our cruise.

Don't get me wrong - we absolutely LOVED our holiday, and are scanning the Silversea website daily looking for our next cruise. We will be happy to cruise again on Spirit because we now know what to expect and I loved the ship (I know I'm in the minority here!!) and I liked the ship's size etc.

If I can help with any questions you have regarding specific crew etc, I'll be happy to.

I also think the Spirit is a lovely ship. Different to the others but better in some ways.

From the comments made by some posters, first timers would think it was a garbage scow which passengers rowed themselves! :rolleyes:

I also think the Spirit is a lovely ship. Different to the others but better in some ways.

From the comments made by some posters, first timers would think it was a garbage scow which passengers rowed themselves! :rolleyes:

Happy to read this - and it did make me laugh too because it hit home.

We had already booked and paid in full before we found this site, and prior to the cruise, after reading some of the comments here I became very anxious about the whole thing.

We will definitely be sailing on Spirit again, hopefully before the end of this year.

Since you just got off the Spirit, can you share any other info in terms of crew, your experience, etc. Thank you!

Sure, a short review.

I met some of the crew from last year's V5115 and they still remember us which made this voyage very pleasant.

BBQ night NO LOBSTER!

Going to try Shadow next year for Alaska.

Archived