MSC has changed my cabin!

cshim

I have just received my tickets from Thomas Cook and instead of having cabin 1115, I have now been allocated cabin 12072. I chose the original cabin as it had a sofa and it was on the port side with no public areas above or below it. The cabin I have been changed to is on the starboard side, with 2 chairs, with the pool deck above. To top it all off the new cabin is classed as "connecting" which has really annoyed me.

Can they do this????

Thomas Cook seem to be no help at all.

Chris

I have just received my tickets from Thomas Cook and instead of having cabin 1115, I have now been allocated cabin 12072. I chose the original cabin as it had a sofa and it was on the port side with no public areas above or below it. The cabin I have been changed to is on the starboard side, with 2 chairs, with the pool deck above. To top it all off the new cabin is classed as "connecting" which has really annoyed me.

Can they do this????

Thomas Cook seem to be no help at all.

Chris

Is 1115 for pople wit hspecial needs???? If so any line would do this if someone would need your cabin,if not just call and make them to move you back.

It sounds as though you have been given what the cruise lines call an "upgrade". You are now on a higher deck, therefore in a "better" cabin. Of course, your definition of a better cabin may not coincide with theirs!:rolleyes:

Did you request no upgrade on your booking? (Your TA should have asked you.) If you didn't, then as upgrades are usually done automatically by all cruise lines, I would expect that you would have zero chance of being moved back to your previous cabin. Someone else would have been upgraded into it. But it wouldn't hurt to try! Ring the cruise line and see if they can help. They may not talk to you though, as you've booked through an agent. At least, that's how it works here in Australia.

Good luck! I hope you can sort it out! If not, enjoy your cruise anyway. There's always the chance you that you will be upgraded again before you sail!

Apologies 1115 should read 11115 (not enough 1's!). It's on the Orchestra. And no, I wasn't asked about the no upgrade. Even though it is one deck higher it is still the same category of cabin.

I'd try to get it changed back. Chances are 12072 is going to be noisy - from your neighbours via the thin connecting door, and from the deck hands early in the morning moving the sun beds around on the lido deck above. Thomas Cook has done you no favour.

Well Thomas Cook were about as much use as a chocloate teapot. So I spoke to the organ grinder instead (MSC) and they have managed to put me in 11160. Ok, it is not port side and it is near the stairs but at least it has a sofa, is not a connecting cabin and does not have a public deck above.

So, it is sort of a result I think.

Chris

Well Thomas Cook were about as much use as a chocloate teapot. So I spoke to the organ grinder instead (MSC) and they have managed to put me in 11160. Ok, it is not port side and it is near the stairs but at least it has a sofa, is not a connecting cabin and does not have a public deck above.

So, it is sort of a result I think.

Chris

Yes, not as great as the cabin you'd originally wanted but at least no connecting door or sunbeds getting dragged dirtectly above, first thing in the morning

We were in room 120105 on the Magnifica last month. The pool and part of the buffet was above us. Very very very noisy. You could hear them pulling out chairs, running. Thankfully it stopped by 10PM but still was not my choice of a room..my travel agent picked it out..that is not an upgrade. to me it is a downgrade....If i had known I would have picked my own room...with NOTHING but another private room above me...try to change it if you can...

We were in room 120105 on the Magnifica last month. The pool and part of the buffet was above us. Very very very noisy. You could hear them pulling out chairs, running. Thankfully it stopped by 10PM but still was not my choice of a room..my travel agent picked it out..that is not an upgrade. to me it is a downgrade....If i had known I would have picked my own room...with NOTHING but another private room above me...try to change it if you can...

I guess there are a lot of us who've had your experience in the past. Since then I always ask for a midship cabin cushioned on a deck with cabins above me and below me. It's not just the lido decks that make noise but being above or below the show lounge, restaurant, buffet, etc. can make for long nights or very early mornings!

Archived