Places to stay in Mobile

b00kw0rm42970

Are you looking for cruise parking or not?? If not then just use hotwire.

Most who need parking seem to prefer Microtel. I would say where Im staying in less than two weeks, but everyone turns up their nose to a walk up hotel, no matter what the charm or price.

Here are some ideas.

http://www.mobile.org/packages.php

Are you looking for cruise parking or not?? If not then just use hotwire.

Most who need parking seem to prefer Microtel. I would say where Im staying in less than two weeks, but everyone turns up their nose to a walk up hotel, no matter what the charm or price.

Here are some ideas.

http://www.mobile.org/packages.php

Thanks...what is a walk-up hotel? I don't turn my nose up at any deal. :)

We were on the elation last week. 04/09/2011 Saturday on the embarkation day the fog was so bad the ship could not come in. We stayed at the the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Marriot park and cruise. They let us keep the room until 7pm when check out was noon.

We were very happy with the service as they called every hour to let us know what they knew about the location of the ship. They went above and beyond. The cost was $169 with tax.

Our car was just how we left it so it is very safe and secure.

Hampton Inn looked nice but we spoke to someone that stayed there and they were booted out at check out. Holiday Inn guest stated the same.

The price of having a nice place to hang out due to the delay so helped cut down the stress! O and the van service is the BEST! :D

I cannot say enough nice things about Microtel.

Breakfast was GOOD -- not just pastries and fruit. They had hot items like pancakes, sausage, biscuits, gravy and bacon...

They were VERY helpful. One of the people on the shuttle back from the cruise had car trouble. They were helping out without even having to ask...

The place is clean -- and really is cheap for what you get...

We paid $128. That was the room, parking for a week, a shuttle to and from the ship, and breakfast.

Will be leaving on Carnival in less than two weeks. Based on the good reviews and talking to pleasant Amanda via phone, I decided that the Microtel would be the best hotel. It is right off I65 just North of Mobile.

It has some restaurants near by and a Walmart for those necessary last minute cruise supplies.

Can't wait.

We were on the elation last week. 04/09/2011 Saturday on the embarkation day the fog was so bad the ship could not come in. We stayed at the the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Marriot park and cruise. They let us keep the room until 7pm when check out was noon.

We were very happy with the service as they called every hour to let us know what they knew about the location of the ship. They went above and beyond. The cost was $169 with tax.

Our car was just how we left it so it is very safe and secure.

Hampton Inn looked nice but we spoke to someone that stayed there and they were booted out at check out. Holiday Inn guest stated the same.

The price of having a nice place to hang out due to the delay so helped cut down the stress! O and the van service is the BEST! :D

+1 on the Renaissance. They took excellent care of us in the same fog situation on December 2009, even coming back to pick us up at the Mobile Civic Center at 9 PM when the ship never made it in and they finally decided to call it off for the day.

Thank you everyone! The microtel sounds great for us...we are a bit "budget-minded". Can you see the port from there?

No you won't be able to see the port from the Microtel. This hotel is in North Mobile a few miles away from the port. Like me I am budget minded and rather save the extra money for say excursions. This hotel has great reviews, main reason that I picked it for my cruise in 11 days. They said that North Mobile is the safer part of Mobile, so the car should be okay. Also there is a Ruby Tuesday within walking distance and a Walmart nearby.

Thank you everyone! The microtel sounds great for us...we are a bit "budget-minded". Can you see the port from there?

The Microtel is in Saraland, not at the port, that's why they need to shuttle you there. Too far to consider walking ... and sure cant see the port from there, but its just a nice hotel.

If it was close to the port, I would not be staying where I booked.

Archived