WINE ORDER ??..(couldn't find an answer in the sticky)

jannandjohn

I have ordered the "3 bottles somellier wine pkg"

...now I think I boo booed.

can I have them sent to our cabin , as I was expecting, or do I have to have it in the dining room??....

it says not for lounge or bar use.

and it won't let me choose which ones I wanted??

should I cancel it?

I have ordered the "3 bottles somellier wine pkg"

...now I think I boo booed.

can I have them sent to our cabin , as I was expecting, or do I have to have it in the dining room??....

it says not for lounge or bar use.

and it won't let me choose which ones I wanted??

should I cancel it?

I don't know if you can order the wine to your cabin via room service, but you can select your wines and take them from the dining room to your cabin, or wherever. You can use your wine package at the Windjammer and any of the specialty restaurants, too.

I'm not sure what you mean by "it won't let me choose which ones I wanted." You can choose from whichever wines are included in your package - Gold, Platinum, or Diamond. You should be able to see which wines are in each package on the RCCL website.

Somewhere there is a thread that has a spreadsheet showing the wines in each package. I'm sorry, but I'm not savvy enough to put in the link to it.

I hope I've helped a little.

ADDING ON: I've found a pdf that shows the wines in each package. I'm going to e-mail it to you.

I don't know if you can order the wine to your cabin via room service, but you can select your wines and take them from the dining room to your cabin, or wherever. You can use your wine package at the Windjammer and any of the specialty restaurants, too.

I'm not sure what you mean by "it won't let me choose which ones I wanted." You can choose from whichever wines are included in your package - Gold, Platinum, or Diamond. You should be able to see which wines are in each package on the RCCL website.

Somewhere there is a thread that has a spreadsheet showing the wines in each package. I'm sorry, but I'm not savvy enough to put in the link to it.

I hope I've helped a little.

ADDING ON: I've found a pdf that shows the wines in each package. I'm going to e-mail it to you.

I think you are referring to the RCI package; the OP is speaking about Celebrity's package.

I think you are referring to the RCI package; the OP is speaking about Celebrity's package.

yep, Gonzo..it's Celeb..

It let's me pay for 3 bottles, then when I expect to see which 3 types, to choose , it's already charged me, so I still don't know what I will be drinking:eek:

and I was expecting to be able to tick a box..ie..send to stateroom..or have in dining room.

(as I have done on other lines)

yep, Gonzo..it's Celeb..

It let's me pay for 3 bottles, then when I expect to see which 3 types, to choose , it's already charged me, so I still don't know what I will be drinking:eek:

and I was expecting to be able to tick a box..ie..send to stateroom..or have in dining room.

(as I have done on other lines)

I am not 100% sure, but I think you may have to wait until you are on board to select the wines. I imagine (but again am not certain) that you would be able to go to the dining room and select the three bottles you want and ask them to bring them to you uncorked so you can bring them to your stateroom. Hopefully someone will know for sure.

I am not 100% sure, but I think you may have to wait until you are on board to select the wines. I imagine (but again am not certain) that you would be able to go to the dining room and select the three bottles you want and ask them to bring them to you uncorked so you can bring them to your stateroom. Hopefully someone will know for sure.

thanks, it's all too hard, should be simple, so cancelled it just now..

thanks, it's all too hard, should be simple, so cancelled it just now..

You will be able to purchase it on board the ship for the same price, so no need for advance purchase anyways. At your leisure after boarding just find a station where they are selling the package and you can find out the details and see if it is to your liking.

You will be able to purchase it on board the ship for the same price, so no need for advance purchase anyways. At your leisure after boarding just find a station where they are selling the package and you can find out the details and see if it is to your liking.

However, as the OP is from Australia, it may or may not be better to purchase in advance depending on the exchage rate being used.

Sue

I think that the reason you cannot choose which wines ahead of time is to cover themselves should they be out of your choice. Since they don't know from one cruise to the next what wine might be popular, there's a good chance they would sell out of the one you "reserved" and not be able to re-stock in time, so you would be disappointed. This way, they are not obligated to provide the one you agreed to ahead of time. There does seem to be a small %5 reduction in price if you buy ahead of time, it might be worth it to get the package in advance, if you would be happy with any of the wines in the package.

We've never had a wine package on Celebrity but have on RCCL - "sister" line. Before our cruise we were also SO confused by reading and re-reading all the info available on-line. I don't think we're stupid people but just couldn't understand when/how we wqould get the actual bottle of wine!

A friend who had cruised before some months before us cleared it up - and I told him HE should write the copy for the cruise line's site!

Don't know exactly how Celebrity works but on RCCL - we bought the package on board and they put a sticker on my DH's card. When we wanted a bottle we - in the MDR or to take to our room - we showed the card to the bartender or wine steward and told them what we wanted. We didn't have to choose when we bought the package. Makes sense since, if you want a bottle with dinner, it'd be hard to know exactly what kind before you choose your meals. There was NO problem getting a bottle, opener and glasses to take back to our cabin.

I think the reason you can't use the bottle in the lounge is that they don't want people carrying a bottle around the ship with them! If you have left-over wine at dinner (I don't think that ever happens with us!!) they'll give you the corked bottle for your stateroom so you could finish it after dinner.

It's all personal preference getting the wine or drink packages.

Have a GREAT cruise!!

Archived