Just back from my first ever cruise; the Solstice!

missmj

I sailed on the Solstice 4/10/11, this was my first ever cruise and it was amazing! I cannot wait to book another cruise!

The food, entertainment, service, rooms, ship... everything about our cruise was lovely!

I was pleasantly surprised by our inside cabin, it didn't feel too cramped (even with 3 ladies in 1 room) The bathroom had lots of storage and was bigger than I expected!

It's quite a shock to be back home away from the wonderful Caribbean and beautiful ship! :rolleyes:

I sailed on the Solstice 4/10/11, this was my first ever cruise and it was amazing! I cannot wait to book another cruise!

The food, entertainment, service, rooms, ship... everything about our cruise was lovely!

I was pleasantly surprised by our inside cabin, it didn't feel too cramped (even with 3 ladies in 1 room) The bathroom had lots of storage and was bigger than I expected!

It's quite a shock to be back home away from the wonderful Caribbean and beautiful ship! :rolleyes:

I am interested in that you did not feel it was too cramped. We are considering having my husband, myself and 18 year old daughter in a balcony for 56 nights. What would be your thoughts on this please as many are advising against it.

I am interested in that you did not feel it was too cramped. We are considering having my husband, myself and 18 year old daughter in a balcony for 56 nights. What would be your thoughts on this please as many are advising against it.

This will be no problem whatsoever. Enjoy your great trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure everyone is different, but I think it would be just fine! I found there was so much to do on the ship you really only have to be in your room to sleep and get ready. We didn't have any problems! There were 3 of us all in our late 20's toting massive amounts of clothes, cosmetics, shoes and the space really was ok!

Staying organized is key so not to have everyones clothes, shoes, etc. all over the place! I have to say again how amazed I was with our bathroom; both the layout and storage, it really helped keep things organized!!

Terrific that you enjoyed your first cruise experience - but a word of advise regarding the choices you make as you research your next cruise vacation. The solstice class ships are amazing and while in my opinion "there is no such thing as a bad cruise" some are better than others and you have just experienced (for the price point) one of the best ships on the market. In my opinion the superior bathroom design, superior buffet design, and lawn could make your next cruise a bit of a letdown IF you move away from the solstice class ships. We just returned from an M class Celebrity ship and while we really enjoyed her - we did miss the WOW factor experienced on the Equinox.

That being said - IF itinary is an important factor solstice ships may not be avail but I would stick with Celebrity which is something I wish we considered when we first started cruising - sticking with one cruise company lets you build loyalty points much more quickly giving you those added benefits/perks and Celebrities are great (we finally will be elite on our next cruise).

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising!:)

Missy Jolly ~ I think you'd be fine in a balcony. Try and snag one of the angled cabins that have a larger balcony if you are going on an S-class ship. Can you adopt me, too?

missmj ~ So glad to hear you enjoyed your first cruise. Many of us have had the same experience and now can't get enough of cruising. Thanks for coming back to share.

I would try getting a stateroom if I were you, you might find spending 56 days on a balcony a bit chilly at night and a bit cramped :rolleyes:

Seriously you should be fine if you're used to sharing accommodation, but one of you, presumably yourb daughter, will have to have a roll away bed. I'm not sure how comfortable these are.

Glad you had a great time! You picked a great ship for a first cruise.

Archived