Trouble with Choice Air

tribbs1

Is anyone else having trouble finding decent air using Choice Air? My husband and I have a $500 credit each to use on air. Their website only lists a couple of airlines at a time. It is extremely annoying. When I booked the cruise the agent told me that if I found a fare elsewhere that wasn't showing up I could call them and they would help me. She neglected to tell me that if you call in your reservation it is $75 fee per ticket instead of $25. Also, their website does not show any of the non-stop flights that are out there. Any ideas?

I don't know..when we booked the Choice Air person was very helpful because the direct flights did NOT show up..we had to make one connection but coming from Charleston to ANYplace you have to connect at least once..give them a call and explain the frustration and see what they say and ask about the fees BEFORE you have them book it. The final ticket was about $50 more than if we booked ourselves however with a $500 credit we sure came out ahead! They cannot book Sr. fares..

Sherry & Kimber

Yes I did not find too many choices on the Choice Air website so I called them to help and did find that I could get any flight I wanted. Of course it is true that there an extra fee if you call and get their help over the phone If you have sailed Celebrity or Azamara in the past you hopefull joined Captain's Club and then you will be eligible to get the fee waived to use the phone service with Choice Air.

Is anyone else having trouble finding decent air using Choice Air? My husband and I have a $500 credit each to use on air. ?

Go to the Cruise Air forum as there are some who post there who understand the system. You need to figure out first which flights you want.

Also, make sure you understand the promo as it sounds like you do not. It is not a credit on the air. It is a credit on your cruise fare that is applied after you book the air and pay for the air in full. Note that if you are purchasing non-refundable air (even if changes are allowed with a fee) and if you cancel your cruise, your air gets canceled. Azamara owns your air reservation.

Yes, I do understand that the promo, should I choose to use it, will deduct $500 from my final cruise payment due not from the airline ticket. I have found flights that I like, but they do not show up on choice air's website. I realize that I just may have to suck up the fee to get my non-stop from Chicago on the outbound flight. At $1000 off our final cruise fare, I am pretty sure booking with Choice Air will be the most economical way to book.

Go to the Cruise Air forum as there are some who post there who understand the system. You need to figure out first which flights you want.

Also, make sure you understand the promo as it sounds like you do not. It is not a credit on the air. It is a credit on your cruise fare that is applied after you book the air and pay for the air in full. Note that if you are purchasing non-refundable air (even if changes are allowed with a fee) and if you cancel your cruise, your air gets canceled. Azamara owns your air reservation.

These passengers were suppose to be on a RCCL cruise. I am not clear if they booked through Choice Air, but some of the problems with cruise line air are mentioned.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1398770

Jade13,

I was following that thread too and if there ever was a testimonial for NOT using Cruise Air this has to be it.

The whole situation also points out many missteps by the OP.

When those of us who cruise and fly take advantage of Cruise Critic and post, like you do, we are all for the better.

The majority of cruisers, so it seems, do not do their due diligence, read the rules, or plan both financially, mentally, or physically for their vacations.

I heard that there was a $500 promo from Choice Air, do you know what that is about and how you get it. Natalie, the cruise consultant on the Journey mentioned it but I don't see it. I have my Travel Agent on the lookout for it.

I heard that there was a $500 promo from Choice Air, do you know what that is about and how you get it. Natalie, the cruise consultant on the Journey mentioned it but I don't see it. I have my Travel Agent on the lookout for it.

Azamara has the details on their website, under Special Promotions:

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/specials/viewHTMLPromoSpecial.do?pagename=azamazing_promotion

p.s. Just to add ... be sure to read the fine print at the bottom of that page as it appears that the CAC applies to more sailings than those listed above the fine print.

I ended up finding the flights I wanted and calling Choice Air to make the booking. Even though I had to pay more in fees, the total fare was not much more than I found on American's own site. So, I will still come out a lot better with the $1000 that will come off our final cruise payment.

Archived