Salt grill cover charge

Just boarded the Pacific Jewel and the cover charge is now $40 per person for the ordinary dinner settings. Cover charge is even higher for specialty dinners and certain menu items as per usual. What the hell is going on. Daylight robbery. Princess ships are no where that cost for a cover charge. Needless to say we will only dine once. The lunch buffet in plantation restaurant leaves a lot to be desired, so hopefully some improvement. All the public areas are impeccably clean and fantastic from last years November latest refurb.

While it's a bit of an increase, I would hardly call this "daylight robbery". It's a specialty restaurant that would normally cost several times more back on land. I still think it's a great deal, especially for the legendary service and food that is apparently dished up there! I can't wait :D

I honestly can't wait until my next cruise on the Jewel. The discrepancies between reviews has been downright frustrating for me. Some days the buffet is brilliant, some days it's cold and gross. I want to see it for myself, and with any luck, offer something balanced :)

The $40 cover charge is all you need to pay :) However they do make you pay for luxury extras, such as a dozen oysters.

EDIT: You can download the menu here: http://www.pocruises.com.au/newtocruising/pages/saltgrill.aspx

The list of extras includes:

Sturgeon caviar (30g) = $180

Oysters = $4 each

Lobster sashimi = $18

Lobster tail = $22

The $40 cover charge is all you need to pay :) However they do make you pay for luxury extras, such as a dozen oysters.

EDIT: You can download the menu here: http://www.pocruises.com.au/newtocruising/pages/saltgrill.aspx

The list of extras includes:

Sturgeon caviar (30g) = $180

Oysters = $4 each

Lobster sashimi = $18

Lobster tail = $22

mmmmmm Oysters lol, thank you for that, off to drool at the menu now :p

Just boarded the Pacific Jewel and the cover charge is now $40 per person for the ordinary dinner settings. Cover charge is even higher for specialty dinners and certain menu items as per usual. What the hell is going on. Daylight robbery. Princess ships are no where that cost for a cover charge. Needless to say we will only dine once. The lunch buffet in plantation restaurant leaves a lot to be desired, so hopefully some improvement. All the public areas are impeccably clean and fantastic from last years November latest refurb.

Yes, but look at it from the other way around... If you went into one of Luke's restaurant's on land, you probably wouldn't get an entre for $40, let alone a 3 course meal, but the food is of the same quality as you would get from any of his restaurants.

I thoroughly enjoyed being extorted. I would have been extorted more but they were booked out :D

And having eaten in Sabatini's and Sterling Steakhouse on Princess.....wellllllllllll I think it is well worth it :p

Hi,

Just returned from a week on the Pacific Pearl.:) had a great time.....:D:D

The Salt Grill was worth the cover charge and them some. We were a little disappointed though because we wanted to buy the Luke Mangan Apron ,but they had none. They lady told us they have never had them at all.

Deidre.:)

Archived