Sailing NOS... A few questions

We leave For FLL on Friday for sailing on NOS Saturday. We will be driving from The Rennaisance to port. Will there be signs that direct us to the correct pier? Is parking at the pier or will it be in another location? I guess we drop off checked luggage first?

My paper work suggests that we be there at 2pm, am I correct that we can get there around 11 and get on the ship?

We have reservations on Sunday for Portifino and also bought a wine package, will we be able to order wine from our package there. Also, do they give you a check so that you can add additional gratuities? Does my sons soda card entitle him to soda in specialty restaurants or room service?

Where do I go to sign waivers for 13 yo son to participate in rock climbing and ice skating? Are children allowed in pubs, say we stop for a drink after we board?

We booked Rays, reef, and Rum Pointe through native way and I'm still confused about ship time vs island time. Is island time (Grand Caymen) an hour behind? I believe I read that they do not observe DST, does that effect it further? Also, regarding tipping for the excursion. I assume 20% of $190. Does that go to one person or is it divided among the crew and each tipped separately? For those of you who have done the tender in GC without being given preference for tendering (ship excursion or suite ect..) how early should we queue to get off asap?

Also, we have early dining and I assume that we will be dining with other families. Is it customary to share the wine we order with table mates? I understand that people check the dining room for their table assignments, will the number be on the card? Is this a necessary thing, as I really have no preference where we are seated?

Thanks in advance for any information you can supply. I've gained a wealth of knowledge from this site over the last few months! So much that I think I've confused myself! :D

Do we go to the teen club when we board to introduce our son or does that take place later in the evening? Is there a registration process?

We leave For FLL on Friday for sailing on NOS Saturday. We will be driving from The Rennaisance to port. Will there be signs that direct us to the correct pier? Is parking at the pier or will it be in another location? I guess we drop off checked luggage first? There will be driections at the pier I think NOS is normally at 24

My paper work suggests that we be there at 2pm, am I correct that we can get there around 11 and get on the ship? I like to arrive about 11:30 but 11 should be ok might have to wait a few minutes before boarding

We have reservations on Sunday for Portifino and also bought a wine package, will we be able to order wine from our package there. Also, do they give you a check so that you can add additional gratuities? Does my sons soda card entitle him to soda in specialty restaurants or room service? Wine package not an issue in portifinos and soda cards work there.. soda cards do not work for room service

Where do I go to sign waivers for 13 yo son to participate in rock climbing and ice skating? Are children allowed in pubs, say we stop for a drink after we board? don't know

We booked Rays, reef, and Rum Pointe through native way and I'm still confused about ship time vs island time. Is island time (Grand Caymen) an hour behind? I believe I read that they do not observe DST, does that effect it further? Also, regarding tipping for the excursion. I assume 20% of $190. Does that go to one person or is it divided among the crew and each tipped separately? For those of you who have done the tender in GC without being given preference for tendering (ship excursion or suite ect..) how early should we queue to get off asap? can't remeber what the time change was but if you email sharon she will be able to tell you.. ask the captain on the tour who direct the tip towards and they will share with the rest...

Also, we have early dining and I assume that we will be dining with other families. Is it customary to share the wine we order with table mates? I understand that people check the dining room for their table assignments, will the number be on the card? Is this a necessary thing, as I really have no preference where we are seated? if you are with other families you can share your wine but it is not required (or even expected)

Thanks in advance for any information you can supply. I've gained a wealth of knowledge from this site over the last few months! So much that I think I've confused myself! :D

Do we go to the teen club when we board to introduce our son or does that take place later in the evening? Is there a registration process?

my kids don't like the teen clubs so I cannot answer that one

See answers above.. great ship and have a wonderful time

No---you do not have to share your wine....they may be your tablemates, but they are not your "guests"! Everyone knows that they will be expected to purchase their own drinks/wine.

And, no...there's no need to "check" your dining table....we never do, as it doesn't matter to us, either! It's not the location, but the company at the table, that makes dinner fun!

Navigator normally leaves from Terminal 25 but it will be well signposted thorughout the port. There are some much cheaper ways to park than in the port, one that comes to mind is Flyn'go or Parkn'go which are located just ouside the port and run regular shuttles to the ships thus avoiding having to drop off your bags ahead of time. If you book on line you will get the best price.

If you get to the ship around 11.30 you should be able to board fairly quickly. You can order from your wine package in any of the dining rooms including Portofino's or Chops.

Sign up for the Childrens program normally commences at 1.00 pm on the day of sailing but your children will be issued a colored wrist band when you board which they will be expected to wear throughout the cruise, this ensures that they will be sent to the correct muster station in the event of an emercency.

The clocks on the ship are set to Eastern time throughout the voyage so please do not rely on local time or you will miss your ship (the only exception to this is a Transatlantic Voyage).

Your SeaPass will have your dining table number printed on it but we normally check on our dining table on the sailing day afternoon as we find that Royal do not always follow your preferences. We like a table for 8 but we have been allocated tables for 2, 4 and 6 on previous trips which we get changed with the Maitre d'.

Children are permitted in the various bars but are not allowed on bar front seats, they must be at a table with, of course, a parent.

I cannot help you with shore excursions as we always arrange things on our own.

Archived