Freedom Questions

cruising3times

I am seriously considering booking the Freedom for Jan. 14, 2012. I have a couple of questions. Would you take two midship balcony rooms or two aft balcony rooms? How is the vibration in the aft rooms and are the balconies significently larger?

I was in 7442.

The balconies are about 50% larger - 60 sq ft. - but privacy is limited, the dividers are at an angle, so if you stand at the railing, your neighbors to either side can see you. And the balconies step down, so that the pax above you can look down on you. No such problems with midship balconies, but I'd take the aft again anyway.

The vibration is pretty significant entering and leaving port, otherwise, hardly noticeable. But different people have different sensitivities about this.

Bottom line for me: the vibration didn't bother me, and the fact that other pax could see on my balcony, when that happened, just gave me an excuse to start a conversation and make new friends.

I would take the aft balcony. More fun to look out the back of the ship.

Hey there, Colorado! Great seeing your name pop up on the boards - we sure had fun on Freedom with our roll call, didn't we?

<OK, end of hijack.>

The only thing with the aft balconies, not every one has a divider that can be opened. It goes every other divider in the back....so if you were hoping to have a super-balcony by opening the divider, you may not get your wish!

But I would go for the aft balcony in a heartbeat!

Have a great cruise, the Carnival Freedom was one of my favorite ships!

Archived